Taskbar grouping

u know how when u open like 11 programs, it groups them into one neat little group thingy?

Is there any way to reduce the number from 11 programs to something smaller, say 4 programs?

lol, was that 'faked' or do u really surf with that many windows open? Is so, it might be time to invest in a new monitor, ur res looks a little dated

lol, was that 'faked'
What's the point? I'm not "look-at-me-i-am-so-l33t-cuz-i-faked-opening-10000000-windows" kind of person.
do u really surf with that many windows open

No, only every morning when I sweep through the un-readed post and I open each window for each post, it's more faster to read.

it might be time to invest in a new monitor
Why? I like my monitor, and I don't need anyone to tell me what to change and when

If you're saying that judging from the picture quality, you're stupid, I purposely did that to shrink the size so that I can attache it since Neowin has attached file size limiting.:mad:

I agree, taskbar grouping is nice in WinXP. With your monitor - there's nothing wrong with loading up multiple windows...curious, how much memory do you have in your machine..? (just wondering as I bet all those windows eat it all up...hehehe). :ninja:

how much memory do you have in your machine..?
128MB PC-133
I bet all those windows eat it all up
Nope, they didn't, everything's still working fine.. Ofcause I'm not running photoshop or games or any other large memory consuming program.. ;)

The way to change the taskbar grouping setting without using TweakUI is by running regedit and go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced

and then set a DWORD value named 'TaskbarGroupSize' without the '' and set its value to whatever setting u want before grouping occurs

ie- to start grouping after the fourth instance of a program is opened have the decimal value set to 4

to have it group as soon as another instance shows up set it to 2 so it always groups

after that is set reboot the pc to make the change active

NOTE: In case u don't already know, always make a backup of your registry before u attempt to modify it in case something goes wrong