New Switch incoming tomorrow!!

So I had planned to buy a proper Gigabit Managed switch sometime later this year. But yesterday my unmanaged switch finally gave out after 12 long years of service, so had to get a new one pronto. Got a FANTASTIC deal on a Cisco SG350 28 port Gigabit Managed Switch. After applying an Amazon lightning deal and a couple of gift cards, the final price came to the equivalent of $105! Still a little expensive for me to be honest, but considering what I've got, it's great!  :woot::jump:

I got the non-PoE version as one, I don't need it. It's far easier and more economical for me to put in an electrical socket wherever I need instead of going the PoE route. Two, that model has fans in it, so is pretty loud. This one is fanless. I've got my home server / pfSense router in a bedroom and the LAN drops to the rest of the house are also going out from this room. So totally silent or near silent is a must.

Now I can FINALLY get into the world of VLAN's! :laugh::cool:

Your title flipped a few neurons for a bit...

I thought Nintendo had finally upgraded itself from a money grabbing "we got Mario" marketer of ALWAYS "slightly out of date" hardware and used it's incredible sales success of the Switch to INVEST in getting competitive and update the barely functional TEGRA chip inside the Switch into a Switch 1.5 with real guts inside!

Or at least put some RTX GPU into the Docking Station for the Switch...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1