Desktop is connected, but does not show up in Router map

So another strange thing, I noticed that for some reason a cell phone is showing up as attached via cable, not on WiFi, and when I query the device, it clearly shows that it is an Android OS, and it has a higher assigned address then the desktop.

so did you actually check the dhcp leave being used by the client?  And validate its the mac you think it is in your reservation?

2 minutes ago, BudMan said:

so did you actually check the dhcp leave being used by the client?  And validate its the mac you think it is in your reservation?

Yes, and yes it does. I am trying to figure out why a cell phone shows up as a wired connection when obviously that can't happen.

Because their software is utter ____ would be my guess ;)

I use to have linksys products back in the day, and even when they were decent before the multiple sales of the names, etc. etc.  And first thing I would do is put 3rd party on the hardware because their firmware was just ____.

Why would your wins server be googledns?  That just makes NO sense at all..  I would remove that from the dhcp server settings.  Unless you were running one locally there is zero reason for wins.  To be honest almost nobody runs that any more its only for the legacy stuff from before AD even..

Those are your IPv6 addresses..

I would reduce your lease to say a few hours at best, So a dhcp client will renew its lease when it hits the 50% mark.. It will ask the dhcp server - hey can I renew this.. DHCP server will say yeah or nay and hand it any changed info, like different dns, etc.  With a long lease you won't come ask for info for many hours. Which is maybe why its not showing up on the router - especially if router has been rebooted.

Set your lease to something like 2 hours or something and then see if it shows up.. On the client do a release and renew of the lease.. From a admin elevated cmd prompt do a

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

That is the only interface this client has - its not connected via wireless as well?

Since your pointed to googdns for wins - what is your setting for your node type, are you hybrid, broadcast for this setting.

nodetype.thumb.png.8ec0fb5b4d230e351baca58ff240546f.png

You prob have a bunch more crap listed as well right - like teredo, and isatap and 6to4.. Or did you clean those up?  Out of the box windows runs 3 different ipv6 transition protocols..  Which is pointless to leave on if your using dual stack like you have.. Or if you don't want/need IPv6, etc.

You will notice mine is devoid of all that stuff

ipconfig.thumb.png.0d36fcd1b5ad0644777097feaf8dd277.png

If I want to play with IPv6 I can turn in on with a click..

ipv6config.thumb.png.f32243fae7cd482f29438f1547400c4a.png

But I normally leave it off on my PC unless I am doing something specific testing with ipv6

edit:  Before anyone asks the 2nd nic with out the gateway in the same network is for use of smb3 multichannel.. So I can get 2ge to and from my NAS.

Thanks for your help @BudMan

To answer some of your questions, what I posted is the complete output of the ipconfig /all, it is only a wired connection, and as far as Google DNS, I have no idea, but my brother-in-law is the one who set this router up, and he thinks the Google DNS is good.

Should I disable IPv6 on the desktop and see if that makes any difference? I also changed the routers DHCP reservation time to 120 minutes, it was set to 1900 or something like that.

It sure couldn't hurt to disable IPv6 to see if it fixes your discovery problem, and to also lower the dhcp length.  120 minutes or 2 hours should make sure its renewing all the time which hope it shows up then..  Yah 1900 is ODDball amount of time for a lease.. And from what you posted it doesn't look like it was that.. Looks like 28 hours and some change?

So there was nothing listed for isatap or teredo and 6to4 - that seems odd as well.. So someone has played with the out of the box config for sure then on that box.  What else got dicked with?  You might want to do a reset of the stack..   See if it shows up then..

4 minutes ago, BudMan said:

It sure couldn't hurt to disable IPv6 to see if it fixes your discovery problem, and to also lower the dhcp length.  120 minutes or 2 hours should make sure its renewing all the time which hope it shows up then..  Yah 1900 is ODDball amount of time for a lease.. And from what you posted it doesn't look like it was that.. Looks like 28 hours and some change?

So there was nothing listed for isatap or teredo and 6to4 - that seems odd as well.. So someone has played with the out of the box config for sure then on that box.  What else got dicked with?  You might want to do a reset of the stack..   See if it shows up then..

Again, my brother-in-law thinks he knows everything, so it would not surprise me at all that he disabled something that is now causing the issue. How do I do a reset on the stack, and what will that do?

What exact os is this 7,8,8.1,10?  XP?

BTW you sure and the hell should not be pointing your wins to google.. ;)

Resetting the stack will rest all the network settings to default.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/299357/how-to-reset-tcp-ip-by-using-the-netshell-utility

18 minutes ago, BudMan said:

What exact os is this 7,8,8.1,10?  XP?

BTW you sure and the hell should not be pointing your wins to google.. ;)

Resetting the stack will rest all the network settings to default.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/299357/how-to-reset-tcp-ip-by-using-the-netshell-utility

Windows 10, and how do I correct the wins issue?

You need to make sure its not handed out via dhcp, or not set locally on the machine.

For windows 10, assume 1607 or later

Settings  > Network & Internet  > Status > Network reset.

Should do a reset for you.