• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Logitech Warranty

techbeck    6,567

Anyone have any experience with getting a warranty replacement product from Logitech?  I have the MK750 KB/M combo.  I bought it over a year ago and just now unboxed it.  I was moving/setting up my office and things took longer than I liked.  Anyway, When I opened the box, the right enter key was off and the plastic clips were broken.  I emailed Logitech support a few min ago seeing if they would do anything.  But since it is over a year old, not sure they will.  Not sure if I can just buy a new key, but that will be my next question to them if they will not warranty the product.

farmeunit    633

I got great support from them, but it did take a little while.  Had some keys stop working on my 710.  They sent keycaps, but that wasn't the problem.  I sent the whole keyboard in and they replaced the whole keyboard with a 710+.  Not sure when they didn't have me send it in in the first place, but it all worked out.  It was at the very end of the second year.  By the time they got it, it had expired.

Mindovermaster    1,644

Never saw this post, anyway...

I RMA'd a lot of stuff back to Logitech. A mouse, keyboard and speakers. (subwoofer, really) EVERY time, they just send me a new one, didn't have to send them my defective product.

• Like 1

techbeck    6,567

I logged a warranty request a little while ago.  Shall see what happens.  Never had an issue with a Logitech setup and the setup I have at work has been just fine for over 2yrs so far. 

+jnelsoninjax    10,845

Logitech has one of the best RMA/warranty service of any company, I have had keyboards and mice that were acting up for me but worked fine on other systems, replaced with no questions or request for the old device back. In fact the only time they requested a return was when my brother-in-law's keyboard quit typing the letter L, and since that was in his last name it made for a rather interesting problem, Logitech stated that their engineering/QA department was very interested in the keyboard, so they sent him a replacement and a shipping label to send the other back!

techbeck    6,567
Just now, jnelsoninjax said:

Logitech stated that their engineering/QA department was very interested in the keyboard, so they sent him a replacement and a shipping label to send the other back!

That is cool.  Means they want to look at it for QA purposes.

+jnelsoninjax    10,845
3 minutes ago, techbeck said:

That is cool.  Means they want to look at it for QA purposes.

Which is a really good thing! I was very impressed by that!

Brandon H    2,280

many companies could learn a thing or two from Logitech; over the years they've just continued to be the pinnacle of quality and customer care.

I've never had a bad device of theirs personally but any story I've heard of a bad/defective device of theirs has been much like what I've heard here; they're great to work with and will send out replacements without hardly a question :)

Boxster17    78

As others have mentioned, their support is up there with the best.

I had an issue with a mouse from a keyboard/mouse combo, and they sent me a brand new combo pack as a replacement (this was probably 15 years ago).  I had a friend replace a mouse that was just near the end of the warranty period and they sent out a new one without any issues (this was only a couple years ago).  Can't recommend their products enough, and their support is a big reason I buy their products.

techbeck    6,567

I got an email from support.   They asked for more info so shall see what happens.

SnoopZ    199
21 minutes ago, techbeck said:

I got an email from support.   They asked for more info so shall see what happens.

Send photo of it in the box.

techbeck    6,567
3 minutes ago, SnoopZ said:

Send photo of it in the box.

I sent a photo of the issue when I logged the ticket.  They just asked for troubleshooting steps, my shipping info, and serial number info.    Also, proof of purchase.  Ordered via CDW  a couple years ago and just opened the box a few days ago.

+jnelsoninjax    10,845
5 hours ago, techbeck said:

I sent a photo of the issue when I logged the ticket.  They just asked for troubleshooting steps, my shipping info, and serial number info.    Also, proof of purchase.  Ordered via CDW  a couple years ago and just opened the box a few days ago.

This is standard for Logitech, they are going to ask what you did for troubleshooting , keep telling them that it does not work, you have done all the troubleshooting steps, etc.

techbeck    6,567

I understand troubleshooting steps and all.  But now they are asking what OS I am using.  Which not sure why that matters since I have told them a few times that the KB is works, just the right enter key is broke and will not attach.  So hopefully this is the last info they need before I get a replacement/service.

Edit:  Just got an email after I typed the above.  They are processing my request and waiting on warranty approval.  7 to 10 business days for a replacement.  So if approved, I should have it in a week or so.

Mindovermaster    1,644
1 hour ago, techbeck said:

I understand troubleshooting steps and all.  But now they are asking what OS I am using.  Which not sure why that matters since I have told them a few times that the KB is works, just the right enter key is broke and will not attach.  So hopefully this is the last info they need before I get a replacement/service.

Edit:  Just got an email after I typed the above.  They are processing my request and waiting on warranty approval.  7 to 10 business days for a replacement.  So if approved, I should have it in a week or so.

I got RMA's in just a couple days...

Brandon H    2,280

likely just generic fields they need to fill in for the processing order / report

hopefully gets approved pretty quickly for you :)

techbeck    6,567

Just got the approval.  Hopefully will get the new KB this week.  Didn't say anything about sending back the old setup.

• Like 1

Mindovermaster    1,644
1 hour ago, techbeck said:

Just got the approval.  Hopefully will get the new KB this week.  Didn't say anything about sending back the old setup.

Grats, bro :)

techbeck    6,567

Got the replacement KB today.  Brand new.  I just have to DL the Logitech unity software so I can pair it with the same dongle as my mouse.  Never asked for the old one back.

• Like 1

Mindovermaster    1,644
19 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Got the replacement KB today.  Brand new.  I just have to DL the Logitech unity software so I can pair it with the same dongle as my mouse.  Never asked for the old one back.

:punk: