• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

News aggregation website that lists all articles in date order?

Elliot B.    1,592

So many news aggregation websites/apps these days try to be clever and guess what I'll want to read.

I just want to add a list of websites (e.g. Neowin, BBC News, Gizmodo UK etc.) and it simply list the articles in date order in a single list (similar to the RSS feeds of yesteryear).

Any suggestions?

dipsylalapo    1,819

Have you tried Feedly?

Elliot B.    1,592
1 minute ago, dipsylalapo said:

Have you tried Feedly?

I have.

I have the app in front of me now and the middle tab of the five tabs shows my website's news in random dates, even though in Settings, I have 'Default Sort By' set to 'Latest'.

Bit rubbish, really :(

dipsylalapo    1,819
15 minutes ago, Elliot B. said:

I have.

I have the app in front of me now and the middle tab of the five tabs shows my website's news in random dates, even though in Settings, I have 'Default Sort By' set to 'Latest'.

Bit rubbish, really :(

I think the today feed (which is the middle tab) does that. The first tab, which can show you all the news does stick to the correct ordering. 

Side note, I hate how all so many sites don't stick with chronological and try and change it. Why not have both? 

• Thanks 1

Elliot B.    1,592
2 hours ago, Steven P. said:

This is a good site and UK based too https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/ although the websites themselves have to apply to be included, I don't think you can add an RSS, but I may be wrong. Neowin is included in this category https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Technology :) 

I couldn't figure out how to get a feed only containing news from bbc.co.uk/news, neowin.net, pcgamer.com and gizmodo.co.uk :(

dipsylalapo    1,819
24 minutes ago, Elliot B. said:

I couldn't figure out how to get a feed only containing news from bbc.co.uk/news, neowin.net, pcgamer.com and gizmodo.co.uk :(

You should be able to add each of those sites individual sites. 

The first tab > Add Content > select Site > Click the little + Should see a 'Select a feed' page  > Create new

With your personal feed, it should be in the right order

Elliot B.    1,592
22 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

You should be able to add each of those sites individual sites. 

The first tab > Add Content > select Site > Click the little + Should see a 'Select a feed' page  > Create new

With your personal feed, it should be in the right order

I was quoting Mr. Bondage regarding NewsNow but you were right about the first tab of Feedly, they are indeed in date order :)

• Like 1

dipsylalapo    1,819
4 minutes ago, Elliot B. said:

I was quoting Mr. Bondage regarding NewsNow but you were right about the first tab of Feedly, they are indeed in date order :)

My bad! Missed the quote