• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Use one Outlook.com account to control another?

Question

Sir Topham Hatt    254

Not sure if this is the right forum, but here we go.

I've opened another Outlook.com account and want to control it from two others - for now, we'll jut stick with one.

I add it as an extra account, which is fine.

However, it seems to only load some folders (I don't have an "Archive" for example).  I then used Outlook.com to drag and drop some emails from my inbox to the new account inbox.  When I then logged into the new account, it didn't show them.

It seems syncing between the accounts just isn't happening very well.
If I use Office 365 Outlook to move some emails into the new account, then log into that new account on Outlook.com, they're there.  But I head back to my account and they don't show in the inbox at all.

Is there another way I can achieve this?

4 answers to this question

Sir Topham Hatt    254

Coming back to this, here's a screenshot from the Office 365 Outlook, which shows how different the accounts are:

Untitled.thumb.jpg.dec1fa353fd0f435b5380aa5e760b2d1.jpg

The 1st account at the top has the 2nd account added, but it only shows an INBOX, no archive.

The 2nd account at the bottom doesn't have any "notes" folder, yet it's mysteriously been added when I added the 2nd account to the first.

Sir Topham Hatt    254

Hmm.

While perhaps a solution, doesn't quite solve it - specially as sometimes I'll be logging in using outlook.com rather than a client.

I don't understand why this has to be so difficult.

As a test, I set up a Gmail account, which works fine - emails come through, folders are sync'd.

However, I delete an email in outlook.com but I go back to Gmail and it's still there.

testman    114

Those accounts - how did you add it to Outlook, did you use IMAP?  If not (you used POP), go back and add them using IMAP.