How to Sign in to Chrome (Desktop)

I never wanted to sign in but after building a rather large amount of passwords and such that I need on my mobile, I'd like to sign in.

Sure, click the little icon (which currently says "You").

But there's no option to sign in with a new user (my google account).

Also, if I did find a way, would it clear all the passwords and things I have saved?

Cheers

If you click the little person icon, you should have the ability to manage people. 

From there you should be able to add a person. 

With regards to moving your passwords across, I found this, but haven't tested it so not sure if it would work. 

I wouldn't hold your passwords in a browser password manager I recommend using the last pass extension.

You can also use the lastpass app for mobiles too, this even supports pin/fingerprint login.

Yeah, I have thought about LastPass before but surely someone/thing is trying to break that encryption more compared with Chrome?

Means yet another account somewhere, yet another thing to install.

It doesn't look like you can import Chrome Passwords either, which means a hell of a lot of work.

Strange though as my chrome://settings/people bit is the same as chrome://settings and doesn't have an option to add another user.

I wonder if when I installed it, I just said "for current user" so there's a registry setting somewhere.

Capture.JPG

This is where I fail to see developers views on why they have coded programs like they have.

Why isn't this simple to do?

No matter what I chose during installation, Chrome surely should be trying to encourage me to sign in?

Same with LastPass.

Thought I'd give it a look around, install the Chrome extension and go to import the passwords from chrome, but the page is just blank, like it can't read any.

Turns out I have to install some binary something or other.

I look HERE and follow the instructions but when clicking the button and restarting, it's the same.

I hate having to install/go through stupid processes that never really seem to work, just to make other programs work, hence I am completely put off LastPass or anything else like that.

Even more fun to divulge is that I have had a simple notepad document for years.  Completely unsecured, but completely easy.  It could be "hacked" but that involves someone/something taking a copy of it, which is very unlikely.

Edited by Sir Topham Hatt

2 hours ago, Sir Topham Hatt said:

someone/thing is trying to break that encryption more compared with Chrome?

What??  That has got to be some of worse logic I have ever heard for not using something.

And just a complete utter lack of understanding of how the encryption works for storing your passwords.

You think lastpass has more users then chrome?

Seems more like you have an issue with your system overall... This is not that complicated..  If your getting blank on that - did you create an account?  What is blank?

lastpasss.thumb.png.f74596c6f5ca167c6c3f2a528f35a417.png

As to syncing passwords - you sure your actually logged into Chrome... Since if you were it would ask you to turn that on..

chromelogin.thumb.png.691c7986441a3ce9070365861d23c271.png