[NBA]All Star Game

Lebron James and Carmelo Anthony were not selected for the all-star game. There is not one player i would rather see in the game over these two. I'm not gonna watch it.

I don't really watch the NBA but I did hear Vince Carter got in again, which makes me wonder how dumb these fans are...

Also don't they have a rookie all-star game? Wouldn't Lebron/Carmelo be in that?

Yeah, I agree. I've been extremely critical of LeBron, but now I must admit, the dude can play ball. And especially being in the Eastern Conference, how the hell could he not make it?

As for Carmelo...just look at his teams' record.

Oh...

Sam Cassell should be starting over Steve Francis and Mike Bibby should have Francis' spot.

Its so people would actually tune into both the all-star and rookie challenge, its good because Lebron will tear s*** up in the challenge. Also did anyone hear about when the slam dunk contest was and whos in it?

You have to remember that the all-star game is about who the fans want to see play, its not about who are the best players in the NBA. Usually the guys that get in are the more exciting player, not necessary the best. Currently, Tim Duncan is probably the best consistant player, but he will never get the leading votes, because he is boring to watch. He's good as heck, but his moves and the way he plays is just plain boring to watch. Power dunkers and high fly acts guys will always get the leading votes.

So Lebron should've been in the All-Stars and maybe Carmello too. But I guess they needed some good rookies in the Rookie All Stars Game.

Sam Cassell should be starting over Steve Francis and Mike Bibby should have Francis' spot.

Again, its about who's more exciting to watch. I think Francis is more exciting player than Cassel and Bibby, although he's not as good.

Yeah, All-Star games suck anyway. Football, hockey, baseball, basketball...it's such a waste of time.

I just saw Ray Allen made the West reserve team. That's the last straw for me. He hasn't played in half of the Sonics' games and Ronald Murray deserves it more than him. It should be about deserving players, especially when they are selected by the freakin coaches. Give the starters to the fans, but the coaches should at least pick players that haven't been injured half the stupid year.

And, yeah, I'm just ****ed because Erick Dampier didn't get selected. Shoot me. He's started all 46 games, averages 12 points a game and 11 rebounds.

i'm only going to watch it because Ben Wallace is in it :D

and also because i don't have FoxSports Detroit and can't watch any of the pistons game.. but this one will be on TNT.. not until the playoffs will i get to watch them play :(

Yeah, All-Star games suck anyway. Football, hockey, baseball, basketball...it's such a waste of time.

I just saw Ray Allen made the West reserve team. That's the last straw for me. He hasn't played in half of the Sonics' games and Ronald Murray deserves it more than him. It should be about deserving players, especially when they are selected by the freakin coaches. Give the starters to the fans, but the coaches should at least pick players that haven't been injured half the stupid year.

And, yeah, I'm just ****ed because Erick Dampier didn't get selected. Shoot me. He's started all 46 games, averages 12 points a game and 11 rebounds.

Murray over Allen, I don't think so. He played great for the first half of Allens injury but he slumped after that. The only selection that i dislike is Yao. He is just going to be a bench warmer like last year

I don't think Murray SHOULD have been picked, but he DESERVES it more. I don't understand how you can make an All-Star game by playing half your team's games. Rashard Lewis SHOULD have been picked. And it's not like Ray Allen has had All-Star performances since his return.

And I agree with Yao. He starts games for Houston but they have to sub him out 4 minutes in because he gets tired. WTF?? I hope Tracy McGrady or Vince Carter dunk on his head and get him out of the game permanently.

But, as was stated earlier...All-Star games are for who fans WANT to be there not who SHOULD be there. So, my argument is pointless as well.

I hope Flip Saunders put at least FIVE minutes of this linup in the ALL STARS game, the 7 FOOTER LINEUP: SHAQ, DUNCAN, GARNETTE, NOWITZKI, and YAO. Stragegy wise, offense is a no brainer, but defensively, just zone spread all five guys around the paint, put Garnette and Nowitzki to defend the shooters from the east as they can react fast enough to contest the shots. Man it will be a sight to see, it's like playing against GIANTS. :woot: