How can I get Notepad to show white margins on the top and sides?

I recently got a Windows 10 computer that I've been customizing to visually resemble my previously-owned Windows Vista & 7 computers. I'm making great progress towards finalizing my customization, but I've hit a bit of a roadblock.

I want Notepad to show those little white margins at the top & sides of the program window, like it used to do on Windows Vista & Windows 7. See here:

•No margin

Notepad_no-margin.thumb.png.6bc0c4a177fa27738b335bed827e7978.png

•With margin

notepad_with-margin.thumb.png.246d50a9e41ed44c47c2b1687977f80a.png

The problem is, I've tried numerous searches on Google about dealing with this issue, only to hardly get any results! Surely, there must be something that can be done to get those margins back--a registry tweak, a third-party program, anything at all!

Can anyone please help me out in some way? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Why do you think there will be a ref tweak? Notepad is the most simplistic app ever, they are gone. Use a better text editor would be my suggestion!

Yeah that is not normal - but off the top have zero idea why yours would look like that.. What font are you using?

But as mentioned already - who uses freaking notepad?  I like textpad ;) Other than most basic of need something type something in for a sec I never use notepad

1) use tab button for spacing

2) use space for spacing

3)format->word wrap enable

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:43 PM, virtorio said:

What customizations have you made, because it's not supposed to be like that?

Clipboard01.jpg

Nothing that would affect Notepad, aside from a change to Windows Metrics to give it the nice thick borders I like from the older versions of Windows... ^_^ But do you think a change in font would do anything? Are you asking about customizations in fonts?

20 hours ago, BudMan said:

Yeah that is not normal - but off the top have zero idea why yours would look like that.. What font are you using?

But as mentioned already - who uses freaking notepad?  I like textpad ;) Other than most basic of need something type something in for a sec I never use notepad

Well, I actually have a margin at the bottom.  Just not on the top & sides.  Those pictures I used were pics I found on Google Photos that I thought would best illustrate the white margins I wish to have back in Notepad, & their current lack thereof.

Also, the font I'm currently using--& much rather prefer--is Lucida Console, regular, size 10.

Here's an actual screencap of Notepad on my computer with the aforementioned font & the bottom margin:

2035983635_NotepadScreencap.thumb.png.4ebb728ba737f8d418ccfa1feaeb2d93.png

Hello,

What are screen resolution and DPI scaling set to on the computer running Notepad?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Yeah its your font.

Here is my default pic 1 using Consolas, then 2 is changed to yours

itsyourfont.thumb.png.a5fc75ee96d3266e92937eecbbae8df3.png

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:35 AM, goretsky said:

Hello,

What are screen resolution and DPI scaling set to on the computer running Notepad?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I'm not exactly sure, but I can find out! ^_^ Where do I go to check them?

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:11 AM, BudMan said:

Yeah its your font.

Here is my default pic 1 using Consolas, then 2 is changed to yours

itsyourfont.thumb.png.a5fc75ee96d3266e92937eecbbae8df3.png

(takes a closer look at the pictures) Hmmm...that's interesting...

The second picture has the white margins on the bottom & right sides, but not the left & top sides.  Whereas I only have white margins on the bottom of my Notepad document!

What could be the explanation for this apparent discrepancy?

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:32 AM, Steven P. said:

Why not use Notepad++ if you need a notepad with a little more? https://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Perhaps, I'll consider trying that, if nothing else pans out. :-)

11 hours ago, TheMouseAvenger said:

Whereas I only have white margins on the bottom of my Notepad document!

Huh... How and the hell you going to tell what is on the bottom when you can make the window as long as you want.. And the right side is going to be word wrapped and almost impossible to tell as well.

Use a different freaking font ;) Or a better text editor..

Hello,

Under Windows 10, enter "display settings" into the Search Bar and open the Display Settings app when it shows up in the results.  In the Scale and Layout section will be the size of the text and the screen's current resolution.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 3/13/2019 at 3:48 PM, TheMouseAvenger said:

I'm not exactly sure, but I can find out! ^_^ Where do I go to check them?