No Progress Bar on Windows 10 Mail App When Sending and Receving Mail? - Really Microsoft?

• 2 weeks later...

What would the mail app need a progress bar for? Only reason I can think is if you're sending a bunch of emails at the same time. Or to show the progress for syncing folders. But that's it? Like, for showing syncing it'd be nice, but imho I don't think it's the most important.

WHY do you need progress bar at 100mbps internet to get 35kb text message.... or you want to see it 0.12ms while it downloading?

1 hour ago, Marujan said:

WHY do you need progress bar at 100mbps internet to get 35kb text message.... or you want to see it 0.12ms while it downloading?

Let’s analyze this for a moment. 1. How do you know the OP’s connection speed? 2. How do you know how fast email downloads at, especially when you don’t know the amount or provider? 3. How do you know he/she doesn’t get email with huge attachments? Office 365 allows for 150MB attachments. Let’s do some simple math here: 10 emails isn’t much. What if they have 100MB attachments though? That’s 1GB of

email. How long will you be sitting there waiting for your email, even on a 100Mb connection? You would be wondering even after a few seconds what is going on. Hence a progress bar is desired by some people. 

Edited by adrynalyne
  • Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 9:55 PM, adrynalyne said:

Let’s analyze this for a moment. 1. How do you know the OP’s connection speed? 2. How do you know how fast email downloads at, especially when you don’t know the amount or provider? 3. How do you know he/she doesn’t get email with huge attachments? Office 365 allows for 150MB attachments. Let’s do some simple math here: 10 emails isn’t much. What if they have 100MB attachments though? That’s 1GB of

email. How long will you be sitting there waiting for your email, even on a 100Mb connection? You would be wondering even after a few seconds what is going on. Hence a progress bar is desired by some people. 

Exactly. I want a progress bar to know if that email went through or not. Just because you click "Send" doesn't mean the email went through and given Mail App's performance reputation for not sending or receiving emails, I think a progress bar would be handy.