• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Internet explorer is logging opened video/images in it's history on both desktop and laptop.

Question

papercut2008uk    102

I've already done malware/virus scans.

This is on both my laptop and desktop. Video/images are not being opened with Internet explorer.

I do not use Internet explorer for anything, it's not my main browser and haven't used it in years.

Both systems Windows 7

I was going through task manager and noticed iexplorer was open. Never use it so wondered why it was open. Looked at Internet explorer's History log, under 'Computer' it's listing every picture I have opened and every video I play.

Ending Internet explorer, even when it doesn't show up in task manager, still logs image/video's I open in internet explorer.

So, what's going on here?

2 answers to this question

Riva    1,085

You are still using IE?:P

I noticed it running all the time on PC as well last week. It stopped now. I only use it to test work development stuff

papercut2008uk    102

I only have it as a backup, but it's really odd that things are getting logged in the browser history under 'Computer', not sure if it's normal or not, because it's happening on my laptop and desktop. Not even sure how long it would have been happening for since I don't even use it! Just happened to check when I saw it running in task manager.