Sonic The Hedgehog (2019)

It is extra creepy that he has 5 fingers. Cartoons usually don't do that for reasons.

• Like 1

Jesus Christ... I love the Sonic franchise, I buy their games, even though they sometimes may be badly reviewed... but this... no... no no no no no no.

This is one of those movies that could end up being surprisingly entertaining. Or, far more likely, not.

I think people are overreacting. This is a movie made for kids, I am sure they will enjoy it. The fact that tons of adults are up and arms over it, to me is laughable. There were some funny moments in the trailer, I doubt Ill watch it in the theaters but Ill see it eventually. I will admit, Sonic looks weird.

Adults aren't really up in arms, more horrified with nightmare images from those animations. And also because a lot of us grew up with Sonic. Seeing something from childhood turned into such a monstrosity is rough (not that 95% of Sonic games and shows have been good anyway). People are tired of seeing nostalgia reboots sucking.

Sega just took a dump on our childhood. They could not have done this any worse. Jim Carrey has no business being Dr. Eggman. He isn't even fat in the movie. I would have to say this is worse than Will Smith playing the Genie in the Aladdin movie.

9 hours ago, Circaflex said:

I think people are overreacting. This is a movie made for kids, I am sure they will enjoy it. The fact that tons of adults are up and arms over it, to me is laughable. There were some funny moments in the trailer, I doubt Ill watch it in the theaters but Ill see it eventually. I will admit, Sonic looks weird.

I disagree. This is a movie made for fans of Sonic, most of which aren't kids. Which makes it worse.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, trag3dy said:

I disagree. This is a movie made for fans of Sonic, most of which aren't kids. Which makes it worse.

You are utterly correct.  The fact that this movie trades upon the coin noise and other SFX so clearly shows that it wants to evoke that nostalgia.  And you know what won't satisfy that nostalgia?

THIS FILM

You know what will?

PLAYING SONIC

I thought they were going to cancel this; why are they still going forward with it?

the design just looks terrible IMO

Just now, Nick H. said:

Why does he look so weird? :s

Did anyone ask for this?

yeah he looks like a skinny person with blue fur, spikes and a smashed face... not sonic...

I've been seeing people all over facebook taking to photoshop to 'Fix' the design. here is one of many better looking versions

as26yl0t1dk21.jpg

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

I've been seeing people all over facebook taking to photoshop to 'Fix' the design. here is one of many better looking versions

as26yl0t1dk21.jpg

ya, like how do you **** that up, seriously, its not as if they don't have any source material to reference.

• Like 1

Sonic looks like when peter turns into a monkey/wolf in Jumanji, what did they do :unsure:

Just now, ZakO said:

Sonic looks like when peter turns into a wolf in Jumanji, what did they do :unsure:

been seeing that as a meme all over facebook too :rofl: