For those who'd rather not have rounded corners...

Hi all, for those of us who'd rather not have rounded corners included in the Win10 UI, perhaps some would like to voice their opinion on a Feedback Hub post someone made. 

Feedback Hub if you want to vote against rounded corners: https://aka.ms/AA4yrhi

image.thumb.png.3578956c152cf5d1c82b82e6ce7fb82c.png

If your life is at the point where you're concerned about an OS presenting rounded corners rather than its performance and steady state then you need to either get out more or start drinking the heavy stuff. 

1 minute ago, Rohdekill said:

If your life is at the point where you're concerned about an OS presenting rounded corners rather than its performance and steady state then you need to either get out more or start drinking the heavy stuff. 

You can worry about superficial, irrelevant and inconsequential things and still have severe real life problems; I might even argue that it's likely you would. Not to say they do, but you'd be naive to assume they don't.

• Like 2

I haven't decided how I feel about this, yet.

The round corners in themselves don't look bad, but need to see the rest of the UI elements to understand if there is good balance there.

Hate to ask ... but what rounded corners?  I just went through and opened up a bunch of things but everything is sharp 90-degree corners (even Groove which I saw mentioned in the Feedback comments).

there's been a rumour/news floating around about a 'leaked' screenshot of Microsoft's new search UI - It's not on a version that has been released yet.

People who hate how 10 looks and love the UI from 7 should like the idea of rounded corners, everything was rounded in Vista/7.

2 hours ago, Raphaël G. said:

I'm afraid there are more thing wrong in this design than just the rounded corners...

Opinions are like thumbs... most people have 2...

Really not a fan of rounded corners, but there are tons of things in Windows UI that aren't good. Win10 is a jumbled mess. Just please don't make me look at something Apple would make.

1 hour ago, Zagadka said:

Really not a fan of rounded corners, but there are tons of things in Windows UI that aren't good. Win10 is a jumbled mess. Just please don't make me look at something Apple would make.

The only way to fix the majority of the UI issues is to start to get rid of all the older bits, like dialog boxes that date all the way back to Windows 95.     I hope they can keep adding more controls into settings and get rid of all that old UI but it's been slow going.   They need to take one future release, like 19H2 maybe, and just work on UI and bug fixes, no new stuff to worry about till next year.

Well, what I empathize with them is that there is so much legacy support they have to leave in since there are so many third party apps, some decades old, that people still rely on they can't break. That's the perils of an open system. They just keep making weird decisions and half-finishing them, like glass or tiles or whatnot after jumping around different UIX languages. The context menus on first party MS Windows apps aren't even consistent and the blurs they crammed in look out of place next to solids. But given the size of MS, the number of projects they develop, how fast things change in tech, employees coming and going, trying to unite everything is a complete nightmare. Just getting Office and Windows to look similar is hard. And something they haven't managed (which to be fair, Office also has to run on Win7, Macs, etc).

Anyway. Rounded corners. Bleh. When Chrome switched to rounded edges on tabs and the URL box a few versions ago, a lot of people lost their minds (I wasn't too happy, either)... but I've gotten used to it. I guess I would on this, too, but I'd prefer that MS try something different from their competitors. It feels like they are emulating MacOS with glass and curves.

Which is annoying and confusing, since they are also working on modding Android and they spent a decade trying to cram squares and tiles into everything.