iPads for work

So my work is ordering 100 or so iPads.  9.7" models 6th Gen.  Curious on what management software people would recommend as well as and info in locking down the systems.  Basically users are going to use them for email and a few work based apps.   We don't want users installing their music or other apps and would like the ability to remote wipe them and track them.

Also, I am assuming we can use 1 apple ID on all these devices.....??  We don't want to assign an ID to each device.

tHanks

We use Meraki's system.  It's not terrible.  Mosyle is free for education and advanced features are only $5.50, but not sure on their business pricing.  JAMF is the most popular in education overall, I would say for true control.  Airwatch is another big name.  We don't use AppleIDs on our at all.  We use Volume Purchase Program to install apps.  Even free ones.  then you don't need an AppleID.  The use CAN put one on there if they want, but you have control over most things.

we utilize airwatch.  Completely locked down.  No app store, no itunes, not much of anything really.  We publish the apps.  Get a DEP account, talk to your vendor about it, DEP gives you much more control over the devices via an MDM platform.  Dont need to apple id any of them, I don't.  VPP and DEP are the best two options apple offers, mobile iron might be a bit better than airwatch due to being able to remotely view your ipads (cannot remote control, only remote view).  

It is really a single user kind of device.   Has no way of switching profiles or logging into different profiles.  

But if you are logging into an app, does it really matter?

34 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Thanks for the info . Also looks like there is no way to setup multiple users/profiles on iOS either.  Unless I am missing something.

Look in to Apple School Manager & Azure Active Directory with "Shared iPad"

https://www.apple.com/education/it/

Still may not fit your business needs however.

• 5 weeks later...

My work decided on SimpleMDM and Apple Business Manager.  I really had no say in the matter but it is working pretty well.  Turn a new iPad on with DEP, go thru the normal iPad setup screens, and the default apps/settings are pushed down and setup.  Quick and easy.