Justification for Gaming Chairs

Hi people, our office is looking to secure around 4 seats for a pretty hip crowd. I'm of the view that gaming chairs would be a right fit, although the caveat is they need to be within the floated budget (nothing like Herman Miller). Are they worth the cost or just glorified, as some colleagues are arguing? Love to get your thoughts. 

duno, but some of those cost less than the office furniture chairs we have at work... ours average $450 to $600 a chair... and they aren't anything special... what kind of budget are you working with here?

Thanks neufuse.

The cap is $500 a pop. After a bit of deliberating we've reasoned out that gaming chairs apparently offer better value than regular office seats (yay!) - BUT provided this is on the lower end of the price spectrum. The general understanding is that standard office chairs promise better value if you are looking at products on the higher end of the price spectrum.

There are quite a number of options that fit the bill, as can be seen here on PC Gamer or Tech Radar, but only a couple of stand-outs for us. One in particular that seems to be convincing everyone is the SecretLab Titan - solid and comfortable all round, with multiple ergonomic features and doesn't stray too far even by the standards of a trendy office (Black colour option).

And it comes just a handful of dollars under the budget. Anything to stretch that dollar 😁

I noticed gaming chairs are cheaper, but I never really looked at one to see the quality of the chair.  If possible, I would order a couple chairs and evaluate a couple for a week or so.   Sometimes cheaper does not mean better.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2019 at 3:08 PM, DavidPneumonic said:

Hi people, our office is looking to secure around 4 seats for a pretty hip crowd. I'm of the view that gaming chairs would be a right fit, although the caveat is they need to be within the floated budget (nothing like Herman Miller). Are they worth the cost or just glorified, as some colleagues are arguing? Love to get your thoughts. 

The good ones are a lot more comfortable than office chairs imo. Office chairs focus on adjustability. Gaming chair focus on being comfortable for long gaming session. Gaming chairs tend to be slightly less expensive too.

Edited by LaP

On 5/22/2019 at 10:08 PM, DavidPneumonic said:

although the caveat is they need to be within the floated budget (nothing like Herman Miller)

Those cheapskates!

Better buy two herman millers than 4 gaming ones.