far cry in trouble?!?

i heard the makers of far cry where using warez to create the game and where raided today?

any one know anything about this?

i sure as hell hope not the demo is kickass

wouldnt it have been better for the peoples whos software they stole (allegedly), if they had finished the game and then released it. Then they could have sued for all their profits since they used stolen software to create a retail product. Too late now. All they have to do is pay for the software and all will be forgiven. Its been the case before and it will be the case again. If it were an individual that got caught they would likely be prosecuted but all of the companies that get caught only have to pay for the software and they are given a liscense.

The local police dept here got caught a few years ago with tens of thousands of dollars (maybe over 100,000 I dont remember) in "warezed software". They just took a deep breath, declared an internal audit, and paid for the software that wasnt legal. Who got stuck with it. I did along with the rest of the people in the community. Im not talking about just microsoft office. It was all different kinds of software that there was absolutely no use for a police dept to need.

Yes sir, SGT. Ill have that high poly model of the robbery suspect emailed to you by 0800!

Make sure that you do, Officer h4x0r.

Out,

WesDog