Laptop Asus UX305F keeps rebooting (even in BIOS)

Hello,

My laptop ASUS UX305F keeps crashing. It starts either loading windows, or when press 'dell' it loads BIOS. I try booting from USB WINPE stick, sometimes it boots up but it won't take long before it crashes again and starts rebooting. It definitely seems to faulty hardware. The question is how can I determine what is faulty? Is it the battery? (it also crashed when plugged in). Is it the SSD? Is it the RAM memory? If I can fix it by replacing either of these things at a reasonable price that would be nice but how can I see what is broken? Here is a disassembly video of the exact model I have:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JRasaPnTU8

I think I can rule out the battery. I just removed the battery, plugged the laptop in. It actually booted in windows 10 and I was able to open the browser and do some stuff, but after 10 minutes it crashed again..

Try taking out the HDD and see if you can get into BIOS and stay there.

You have 2 RAM slots? Try running each card alone.

If not that, your CPU/GPU may be overheating. Try to look at the temps. Some BIOS' have temp sensors in BIOS, watch that. Try cleaning out your case, too. Might wanna put new grease on your CPU.

6 hours ago, Mindovermaster said:

Try taking out the HDD and see if you can get into BIOS and stay there.

You have 2 RAM slots? Try running each card alone.

If not that, your CPU/GPU may be overheating. Try to look at the temps. Some BIOS' have temp sensors in BIOS, watch that. Try cleaning out your case, too. Might wanna put new grease on your CPU.

ALL good suggestions.

He should report back on temps ASAP since dust bunnies are a common cause of this.

Could also go into BIOS, note down all the settings, and then CLEAR CMOS - unlikely as a cause I think but if temps are low, we will have to find more obscure reasons....

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...
On 5/29/2019 at 11:45 AM, dumble said:

Hello,

My laptop ASUS UX305F keeps crashing. It ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JRasaPnTU8

I had similar symptoms. After a lot of searching and trying out various things, what seems to have resolved the problem is uninstalling Dropbox.

2 hours ago, jacanterbury said:

I had similar symptoms. After a lot of searching and trying out various things, what seems to have resolved the problem is uninstalling Dropbox.

Dropbox wouldn't cause it to reboot even while viewing the BIOS so I doubt that may be the OPs issue.

6 minutes ago, techbeck said:

First thing that comes to mind is an overheating or memory issue.

Is it even still an issue? The thread is  9 months old. 

3 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Is it even still an issue? The thread is  9 months old. 

yeah OP has not been online since July 2019 so we're not likely to hear from them if he ever got it working on not :/

• Thanks 1