rh/fedora updated kernel

I know that there is one that a RedHat guy has already modded for Fedora, but I don't recall the link to it... :(

Let me Google a bit and see if I can find it. It was on redhat's website, but in this person's personal webspace there. Like a personal.redhat.com/bsmith type of thing....

I'll repost when (if!!!!) I find it.

Mark

http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.6/

Try that! (If it works, let me know!) ;)

I snagged it 2 or 3 days ago, and installed. VERY simple, there's some instructions to it on Fedora News, since you'll have to change 1 or 2 things. Very straight forward and there's no editing of grub or any such thing, as the RPMs automagically do this for you.

However, I would still recommend recompiling it youself, as, for me, vesafb support was not compiled in and not all APM/ACPI was compiled in or modularized. Needless to say, it booted on my laptop (Dell CPi-A400XT), however I was stuck at default term size (vs using vga=0x317 like normal), and APM had coniption fits.

For normal machines however, I would think that all works well. Just make sure that you follow the instructions posted on Fedora News.

Just installed kernel-2.6.1-1.149 via SSH. Appears to be working fine. I'm off-site, so I'll report on any actual issues when I get to login physically. Looks stable and nice. Checked my mail and LogWatch didn't report any real errors (samba issue, but that's probably because I just set it up last night and I'm no expert).