new ryzen build - motherboard choices?

Specs: 2700x (will upgrade to 3900x/3950x in the future), 32gb 3200 ram, 1 tb nvme ssd, vega 64 nitro+ gpu.

Now for gpu, not sure if I should go for a x570 or x470 motherboard. I like the wfif 6 and bt 5 in the x570, that's it.

x570: gigbayte master or asus crosshair hero viii (wifi)

OR

x470: asrock taichi or asus crosshair hero vii (wifi)

Thoughts?

4 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

Why are you getting the Ryzen 7 2700X now instead of the Ryzen 9 3900X?

because i got it for a very low price.

Get mine! :D

GIGABYTE X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI

Has RGB lighting, too :)

x570 is better, yes, but more expensive, and fewer choices, too..

12 minutes ago, ultimate99 said:

because i got it for a very low price.

Well, I hope you got it for less than the price of the Ryzen 5 3600 because, in many ways, Ryzen 5 3600 is a much better processor.

1 minute ago, Mockingbird said:

Well, I hope you got it for less than the price of the Ryzen 5 3600 because, in many ways, Ryzen 5 3600 is a much better processor.

Dude, he's fine. He cvan get the new Ryzen 2-series down the road, probably when he can afford it.

Sort of boils down to budget.  I know you said you'll be upgrading to the the Ryzen 3 series ... but will you...really?  By time you burn the "new" off of this build we'll probably be talking about PCIe 5 and Ryzen 6 series (if you get my drift).

Anyway, the x470 Tachi I see for about 160 bucks (the x570 version is $290) which seems to get really good reviews.  The ASUS Crosshairs are in the $290 (vii) to $360 (viii) range...the Gigabyte Master also being $360.  Just not sure what would justify the extra ~100 bucks over the x470 series when pairing it with a 2700x.

Based on all of that ... and I'm assuming you are looking relative low cost but fast build ... I think it is a no brainier to go with the x470 Tachi. 

Just my opinion.

16 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Sort of boils down to budget.  I know you said you'll be upgrading to the the Ryzen 3 series ... but will you...really?  By time you burn the "new" off of this build we'll probably be talking about PCIe 5 and Ryzen 6 series (if you get my drift). 

Anyway, the x470 Tachi I see for about 160 bucks (the x570 version is $290) which seems to get really good reviews.  The ASUS Crosshairs are in the $290 (vii) to $360 (viii) range...the Gigabyte Master also being $360.  Just not sure what would justify the extra ~100 bucks over the x470 series when pairing it with a 2700x.

Based on all of that ... and I'm assuming you are looking relative low cost but fast build ... I think it is a no brainier to go with the x470 Tachi. 

Just my opinion.

I was actually looking at that Tachi, but I decided against it... (plus it was out of stock)

9 hours ago, Jim K said:

Just my opinion.

Thanks. Taichi or Taichi Ultimate x470? Don't think I need/want 10G lan.

I get what you mean.....maybe in a year or so we'll have new sockets altogether. And yes, I'll be paying $100 for pcie 4 which I won't use.

If I'll go with x470, what would make the taichi better than crosshair vii?

Think the only difference between the Taichi and Taichi Ultimate is the 10GbE controller (and onboard power/reset button). So, I would say the regular Taichi (unless you need the 10GbE controller)

Regarding it vs the Crosshair vii ... I'll have to defer.

11 hours ago, Jim K said:

Think the only difference between the Taichi and Taichi Ultimate is the 10GbE controller (and onboard power/reset button). So, I would say the regular Taichi (unless you need the 10GbE controller)

Regarding it vs the Crosshair vii ... I'll have to defer.

what's bad about the crosshair vii?

24 minutes ago, ultimate99 said:

what's bad about the crosshair vii?

Nothing, I just can't really recommend one over the other (which is why I defer).  They are both excellent boards (at least from the reviews I've read) ... so ... yea I dunno.  :)