Just installed new video card what about fans?

I just installed my new GTX 1660 TI video card. The fans are off, is that normal when it first boots until it heats up a bit?

Yea, that was the first thing I noticed about my RX Vega 56...

Card never got over 62c fans just kicked on at 18% at 60c. I am very happy with this card. The only thing is I could have gotten a low end RTX card for about the same price but they went way over my radar.

47 minutes ago, devnulllore said:

Card never got over 62c fans just kicked on at 18% at 60c. I am very happy with this card. The only thing is I could have gotten a low end RTX card for about the same price but they went way over my radar.

Yea, I didn't recommend a RTX2060 originally since after a quick look on NewEgg they were all around 350 bucks (50 over your budget) or more.  I had recommended the AMD 5700 for that price range (better performance than the 1660ti and RTX2060).  I failed to see that little EVGA RTX2060 which would have been in your budget.  Though, I wouldn't necessarily have buyers remorse ... they are typically within a few FPS of each other ... you're just missing the RTX part.  I'm not really sure how well a RTX 2060 does with ray tracing anyway (performance-wise).

i have an MSI RTX2060 now that does run hot when in us;e around 82 degrees c. but I have it overclocked to 2ghz ;) 

But the best thing about it is the fans don't kick in until 60 oc so most of the time they are silent :)

/edit @Jim K Its not worth buying anything other than the super editions now - especially the extra 2gb ram in the 2060. And aslong as you dont go mad with resolution  and are happy to use med-high quality it does work. and in fact using DLSS is now worth the bother and can make a game playable with RTX on