The Boys

9 minutes ago, warwagon said:

ya, but then the gf wanted to binge it at my house so I had to watch season 1 all over again meh

I'd tell my Wife to watch it herself lol.

5 minutes ago, astropheed said:

I'd tell my Wife to watch it herself lol.

ya, but it was her day off, and she wanted to watch it. Though she started it when I mowed my lawn so I got out of watching the first 2. She never saw the trailer, so she was quite surprised when

Spoiler

his girl friend got turned into a red mist. They shouldn't have shown that in the trailer, totally ruined it.

2 hours ago, warwagon said:

ya, but it was her day off, and she wanted to watch it. Though she started it when I mowed my lawn so I got out of watching the first 2. She never saw the trailer, so she was quite surprised when

Reveal hidden contents

his girl friend got turned into a red mist. They shouldn't have shown that in the trailer, totally ruined it.

I agree, I wish they kept that out. But to be fair it was one of the more interesting things to happen, it's a dialog heavy show and they aren't marketing it that way so much.

So I've only watched the first episode and I'm interested. I'll be back when I've watch the first season. I should be able to watch it this week.

1 hour ago, Human.Online said:

I agree fully!

You guys need to stop over analyzing things, would that fight not work irl, sure, but that's why this is a TV show, and a number of them tend to be hyper-realistic. 

50 minutes ago, George P said:

You guys need to stop over analyzing things, would that fight not work irl, sure, but that's why this is a TV show, and a number of them tend to be hyper-realistic. 

I don't.  You've miscontrued my response.

53 minutes ago, George P said:

I think Human.Online was agreeing that TV wasn't for trag3dy

My wife's the same. She made a comment about something in Game of Thrones and how that wouldn't have happened IRL, but the dragons and the walking dead are fine :P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Human.Online said:

I don't.  You've miscontrued my response.

My mistake.

7 hours ago, dipsylalapo said:

I think Human.Online was agreeing that TV wasn't for trag3dy

My wife's the same. She made a comment about something in Game of Thrones and how that wouldn't have happened IRL, but the dragons and the walking dead are fine 😛

Yeah, it's weird how some people will point out minor things, but the big stuff, no problem!

2 hours ago, George P said:

My mistake.

Yeah, it's weird how some people will point out minor things, but the big stuff, no problem!

We overlook the big stuff because it's a fantasy show after all. But that doesn't mean some things wouldn't, shouldn't, or can't mirror reality.

I'm just... I don't know. I lose interest in these shows so quickly now and I can't quite pin my finger on why. The last show I really enjoyed was 24.

17 hours ago, trag3dy said:

We overlook the big stuff because it's a fantasy show after all. But that doesn't mean some things wouldn't, shouldn't, or can't mirror reality.

I'm just... I don't know. I lose interest in these shows so quickly now and I can't quite pin my finger on why. The last show I really enjoyed was 24.

I'm finding the same with quite a few shows too, tbh... It's a rare show that grabs me from start to finish these days, and for all The Boys is a very enjoyable show... I'm starting to get Superhero fatigue...

17 hours ago, trag3dy said:

3 minutes ago, FloatingFatMan said:

I'm finding the same with quite a few shows too, tbh... It's a rare show that grabs me from start to finish these days, and for all The Boys is a very enjoyable show... I'm starting to get Superhero fatigue...

You both sound like my wife.

When she watches a show, she over analyses things and likes to find the plot holes and the bits that are unrealistic. For me, it's just a form of entertainment and unless something is glaringly obvious, it'll just go straight over my head. I watch a film/TV show to lose myself, so I just enjoy it at face value. 

It's not a bad thing how you feel and FFM, I'm just assuming that fatigue you're feeling is for similar reason.

1 minute ago, dipsylalapo said:

When she watches a show, she over analyses things and likes to find the plot holes and the bits that are unrealistic. For me, it's just a form of entertainment and unless something is glaringly obvious, it'll just go straight over my head. I watch a film/TV show to lose myself, so I just enjoy it at face value. 

It's not a bad thing how you feel and FFM, I'm just assuming that fatigue you're feeling is for similar reason.

I think it's the opposite. Shows don't give me enough to think about.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dipsylalapo said:

Oh, I don't generally over-analyse stuff.  I know I'm watching something unrealistic anyway so I ignore the little things like that.  I'm just finding myself more and more going back to 20+ year old shows and rewatching those for preference.  Recently, I've just started watching old cop shows like Hill Street Blues...

• Like 1

• Steven P. unlocked this topic