• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Online tool for video cutting / trimming

Question

Mazhar    55

We stream live from our Facebook and YouTube channels for about one hour twice a week. After streaming we make short clips of that video, now I need a free tool (no watermark) or software that can fetch Facebook and YouTube video from its link so that I can make short clips of the video.

7 answers to this question

Peresvet    117

Might as well pay a few bucks and purchase the much needed software.

Jim K    13,211

Can't you use OBS Studio to capture the stream on the source?  I've never used OBS Studio ... but I think this is one of things it can do.

https://obsproject.com/

Edit: I would also think your final product would be better (source video vs. streamed video)

+BudMan    3,513

So you want some "free" online tool to edit your videos.. And they can not even watermark them.. What do they get out of it - why would any company do this?

There are plenty of free tools you can use that are just software based, just opensource software.. But not sure why any company would pay for online space, bandwidth and the cpu resources of this box to edit users videos for free, and get nothing in return?

The best you could hope for I would think, is something with very limited "testing" abilities - trying to get you to buy their software or services..

When I need to trim up video files, I just use https://mkvtoolnix.download/

The Dark Knight    267

I think OP is asking for a way to download the videos from Facebook and YouTube that they live stream. I don't know about Facebook as I don't use it, but for YouTube you can use Internet Download Manager. It's not free, but is the best for downloading videos from streaming sites as long as they don't have DRM. If you absolutely want free, then there's Free Download Manager. But it's nowhere as good as IDM.

+BudMan    3,513
On 8/3/2019 at 5:01 AM, Mazhar said:

so that I can make short clips of the video.

Sounds more like to me "they" want a some online tool to grab said video they put up, and then trim it/edit it..