Places to Job shadow

im a 12th grader at my HS in Monroe Michigan. I was wondering if anyone knew the adress/phone number of any game devoloping companys down in my area. If not does anyone have a site i can go to to search for such things? google is failing me here.

phone book is for finding numbers of companys or people you already know the name of. Thats like says use the dictionary to find the spelling of a wword. You need to know how it is spelt in order to find it.

I remember having to do something like that in highschool. I thought it was pointless and didn't have a place to go so I got out the yellow pages, picked a category, closed my eyes, picked a place, gave the info to the teacher, made up a business card and did whatever was required in the assignment. Making it all up of course. Then we had to right a thank you letter to the person we shadowed so I did the letter. I switched the numbers around in the To: address and the teacher mailed it and it came back to my house. :p

The best part is I got an A. :laugh:

And she checks the adress and phones the contact herself.

Remember, I made up the business card. Obviously my friends cell phone number was the contact number. :shifty:

BS is what got me through highschool, with good grades too. I knew this teacher wouldn't check up on anything because we had assignments where we had to answer like 25 questions from a book and I did the question but there was one question I didn't get so my answer was "Why do we have to answer these stupid question from a IT book that is over 7 years old. IT changes and you don't even check these answers and just give us a perfect mark as long and you see the numbers 1 to 25 along the left side of the page." and yes I got perfect on that assignment as well. :happy:

Edited by NeoSigma

My freinds are sticklers for not cheating. Can i use your cellphone? And where would i go to make some business cards?I mean i'd LIKE to shadow for a game devolper. But if i cant then i sure as hell dont want to do it for a fast food guy. And would prefer to fake it over shadow McDonalds.

Remember, I made up the business card. Obviously my friends cell phone number was the contact number. :shifty:

BS is what got me through highschool, with good grades too. I knew this teacher wouldn't check up on anything because we had assignments where we had to answer like 25 questions from a book and I did the question but there was one question I didn't get so my answer was "Why do we have to answer these stupid question from a IT book that is over 7 years old. IT changes and you don't even check these answers and just give us a perfect mark as long and you see the numbers 1 to 25 along the left side of the page." and yes I got perfect on that assignment as well. :happy:

LOL... I had a teacher like that, he'd only really grade like 3 of the whole classes papers, and then give the rest A's. LOL.. I remember many a time when one of the people that actually got their papers graded got every question wrong, and a person that copied off of that person got an A. LOL, oh the controversy!

Then I also had a math teacher that gave you a quiz at the beginning of the week on the new material. If you aced the quiz, you basically had a study hall for the week... I think I only had to do 2 weeks of real work in that class that year, and all because I skimmed the chapter for the following week before class. I am sure glad I had that same teacher for 3 years in a row. Though, I actually gave an effort in Pre-Cal...

My freinds are sticklers for not cheating. Can i use your cellphone? And where would i go to make some business cards?

I wouldn't mind giving you my cell phone number to use, but I live in the greater toronto area and you live in monroe michigan. It ain't gonna work out unless your teacher is a total arse and doesn't notice things like area codes and that you would have had to cross the border. Use microsoft publisher to make the business card and use some fancy paper from your local office supply store. ;) You could even use adobe photoshop or microsoft word if you wanted to but publisher is the easiest way to go. :yes:

phone book is for finding numbers of companys or people you already know the name of. Thats like says use the dictionary to find the spelling of a wword. You need to know how it is spelt in order to find it.

well i don't know about your phonebook but my phonebook has lists of the company's names and stuff, but it also categorizes them by different sectors. So if you wanted to find companies that are for taxies, go to TAXI and they would list all the taxi companies around here. Maybe you can try that..;)

i hope you find a place to job shadow. just don't act like a couple of kids did when they shadowed where i worked. they were future eng'g students shadowing at an eng'g company but they didn't wanna do anything because they didn't like it...go figure

• 8 years later...