URU Live (Myst) Cancelled!

URU Live, the new online Myst-adventure fully in 3D has been closed down because the incomes where too low.

This is the first disappointment for Ubi Soft in months. The studio Cyan world had been working on this for 6 years! :no:

I guess that this confirms that adventure games are going to dissappear in the future maybe

Ouch!

More official news: http://urulive.ubi.com/

Interesting, I am actualy a bit schocked. BUT as far as Adventure games dissappearing, not a fat chance. Sales are hudge around the world, only in the USA do sales have a more difficult time getting out there.

Syberia 2, CANT WAIT!!!

Yeah, i'm waiting for Syberia too.

This and The Longest Journey where the best adventure games ever!

Much better that the Myst-stuff, because it has a very rich story!

that actually sucks, considering Uru was among the top 10 selling pc games of december, and i think it sold a minmum of 200,000, which in the pc world is great.

i was going ot get this game, but that hinged on when the online service would start, because honestly myst has no replay value once you beat it. everything is the same. this online service would have been great because it would have added replay value. i always say to friends, just imagine how much greater morrowind would have been they had an online service or more official content download for that.

now that uru doesn't have the online service and not that i know they are coming out with at least 2 expansion packs, i think i'll wait till the retail price drops to like $20 before buying it. here's hoping WOW mops up so that companines now that if you release something good, people will buy it and pay for it.

Oh fiddlesticks. The Myst games are awesome, love the whole adventure/ puzzle solving genre. Uru Live will be missed.

<--- Avatar is a character from the Myst series