how to treat the partitions with GPARTED - to start the installation of Linux ?

hello dear experts,

how to treat the partitions with GPARTED - to start the installation of Linux ? see the partiticon and the data.

well i want to make a good system and a system that is workin propperly.

should i erase all the complete hdd!?

note : in the previous installaton i have had Manjaro-Linux - now i wnat to install MX-Linux

see the current overview - a screenshot taken while install mx linux.

see mord data of older screenshots

regards

hibernation_issues_1_.jpg

asus_breakdown_1.jpeg

the_gparted_output_2.jpeg

gparted__view_.jpg

You really should just use Manjaro or Arco. Seriously, don't get out of your experience level here. If you aren't able to use Gparted you shouldn't be trying to use MX. AT ALL.

Oh look, documentation. 

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Parted

The ArchLinux Wiki is valid for ALL Arch-based distros. Read this. Understand it.

Don't use MX. It's for advanced users. Not people who think they're 'leet but can't find their way around Gparted ... :glare:

... and yes, you've likely hosed your previous install already. Way to go.

4 minutes ago, Unobscured Vision said:

You really should just use Manjaro or Arco. Seriously, don't get out of your experience level here. If you aren't able to use Gparted you shouldn't be trying to use MX. AT ALL.

Oh look, documentation. 

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Parted

The ArchLinux Wiki is valid for ALL Arch-based distros. Read this. Understand it.

Don't use MX. It's for advanced users. Not people who think they're 'leet but can't find their way around Gparted ... :glare:

... and yes, you've likely hosed your previous install already. Way to go.

Not a great attitude on your part....could have handled that much better. 

• Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Not a great attitude on your part....could have handled that much better. 

He is right, you maybe think its "attitude" but he is straight to the point.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Xahid said:

He is right, you maybe think its "attitude" but he is straight to the point.

It doesn’t matter if he is right or not. It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it. This very attitude is what scares people off from Linux, the whole “omg, rtfm noob” attitude is old hat. 

Also, MX is for advanced users? 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 9/18/2019 at 6:40 AM, Unobscured Vision said:

I can't say that I've used MX, but from taking a look at the website it looks like any other pre-built distribution of Linux, it doesn't seem like anything particularly advanced. What makes you say that?

6 hours ago, Nick H. said:

I can't say that I've used MX, but from taking a look at the website it looks like any other pre-built distribution of Linux, it doesn't seem like anything particularly advanced. What makes you say that?

Having used it, I haven’t found it particularly any more challenging than say Ubuntu or Fedora. 

I have a couple of book recommendations for the OP to look into...

Fundamentals of Linux

Linux All-In-One For Dummies, 6th Edition - I personally have one of these books, got quite a good use out of it as it covers a wide range of topics

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Having used it, I haven’t found it particularly any more challenging than say Ubuntu or Fedora. 

It's just the way he feels about it. There's no real truth. I think the MX site just "makes it sound" easier. You can see "for beginnners" in a lot of different distros...

And thank you, Matthew...

Once he builds he knowledge he can go for a distro such as Gentoo or even try an LFS system... (I'm not even that daring,  nor do I have the patience for it lol)

1 minute ago, Matthew S. said:

Once he builds he knowledge he can go for a distro such as Gentoo or even try an LFS system... (I'm not even that daring,  nor do I have the patience for it lol)

god, getting slightly off topic but I've tried building a Gentoo install a few times and have never succeeded and I'd consider myself pretty good with linux lmao

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

god, getting slightly off topic but I've tried building a Gentoo install a few times and have never succeeded and I'd consider myself pretty good with linux lmao

Arch is as far down that rabbit hole I am willing to go. I built Gentoo once. It sucked. 

Gentoo doesn't have support like Arch does.

If you want to go down the rabbit hole, but still have a magic carpet under you, I can suggest Arcos. I had it on this computer until I went back to Mint.

13 minutes ago, Brandon H said:

I actually did it while I was still a Linux n00b >.>

LFS though... that's a royal pain in the whoo haa

14 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

I actually did it while I was still a Linux n00b >.>

LFS though... that's a royal pain in the whoo haa

Ever try DSL? Damn Small Linux. I dunno what it was based on.

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Ever try DSL? Damn Small Linux. I dunno what it was based on.

I remember DSL; hadn't touched it in years and almost forget about it lol

looks like it hasn't been updated since 2008 though so I'd consider it a 'use at your own risk' distro or on something that's never going online