Apple Watch 5 Battery

So Apple says Apple Watch battery will last a maximum of 18 hours. I have had the watch on for 27 hours now and I still have 62% battery left.

The trick? Very simple:

GPS is off since I don’t need it. Heart Monitor and Excercise Activities is off since I’m not doing any at the moment. Always-on display is set to manual since I don’t like the idea of the display being on all the time as that will not only suck battery but it will eventually cause a burn-in on the screen and this is an OLED screen, which is well known for that. Cellular is also off because it’s not needed if it’s paired and mirrored to iPhone. Only needed if you leave phone at home. WIFI is also off. No need for it, again, it’s paired to iPhone. I guess all those things make a difference. I estimate at this rate, set only to notify me of incoming messages and calls, it will last 4 days? We shall see.

A0C0B581-B4DE-41B2-B9DA-5A48BDC7EB30.jpeg

UPDATE:

It is Tuesday, October 1, 2019 - 12:12pm and I still have 17% battery left since last Saturday, so basically for the battery to last thing long you have to be smart about it and its use. If you are not using a specific feature then shut it off and it will save you a big chunk of battery.

• Like 1

UPDATE 2:

it’s Tuesday 10/01/2019 and it’s 8:37pm. Apple Watch still has 6% battery left!!!

3 days it lasted. Not bad. Tomorrow I start testing it with heartbeat monitor on doing its thing every few mins.

• Like 1

i like leaving most of the features/apps on for tracking what i do day to day.

I charge the watch when i get home from work and put it back on if i leave the house/or go to sleep (for sleep tracking)

that's just me but thanks for pushing the limits and showing what it can do

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 8:43 PM, Dinggus said:

Just picked up an iPhone 11 Pro Max, and need to get the Apple Watch to replace my Android Watch. Definitely interested in the WiFi only watch, these are good results.

How do you like the iPhone Pro so far? Tell us about it !!!

21 hours ago, spacelordmaster said:

How do you like the iPhone Pro so far? Tell us about it !!!

I was always interested in Android.

Started with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, tried HTC Aria and hated it. Went to iPhone 4S, tried the Note 1 and hated it, went back to iPhone 4S. When Nexus 5 came out, I got it and fell in love. Moved to the LG V10 and loved that then eventually went to Note 8 which is by far my favorite Android phone. So, 6 years away from Apple and I must say the iPhone 11 Pro Max is amazing.

Battery life is amazing, surprisingly I'm enjoying iOS again, it was an easy switch. I'm not on my phone as much for some reason as I was on my Android.

Photo's are amazing, everyone at work keeps wanting to see it.

Siri has vastly improved, but still don't understand some words I'm saying when I tell her to text someone.

My main reason for switching was group texts, some of my coworkers couldn't receive my texts or if someone in the group or single text sent me a video it'll look like it was recorded on a 2000 flip phone.