Uptime Project in Linux

Sorry... I d/l it, but after getting it, I changed my mind about putting it on my box.

I had really great uptime for a desktop, until my 2 year old powered it down! :pinch:

Now, that I am not considering keeping track of uptime, I have been able to update my kernel, and add a SCSI card for an old scanner I wanted to make use of (Windows no longer supported it).

Uptime is a nice thing, but not anything to try to advertise, as it causes unhealthy side-effects (loss of tinker-time! :D )

I tried to get it to work as well, but couldn't do it.

I don't get big uptimes in Linux anyway though, dual-booting :(

I might pick up a cheap PC so I can have a dedicated Linux box, not to mention I can use it as a file server. Then I could get some real uptimes :)

LOL

I suspect that there are Windows users who set up an idle box just for the purpose of showing a good Windows uptime! :laugh:

There is NO WAY that they can be doing their Service Packs and other updates! Too many reboots! :rofl:

Hmm, there a precompiled version for WinXP? Compiling the source from the website in Borland just isn't working for me :no: or am i missing something...?

what exactly are you having problems with? I just download the client off their website and it runs fine (btw, you have to be root). The only other thing is to setup a crontab so it autoupdates.

Thanks DanRar for the link, however i didnt' find it on the site, dunno what i was doing wrong, a auora of stupidity sometimes comes over me :laugh:

EDIT: Was on the wrong page, der :) Thanks guys !

Edited by Ridgeburner

I couldn't get the Linux version running with Fedora Core, but I did manage to get the WinXP version to work with Wine... but instead of reporting it as Linux, it was reported as Win95.

I couldn't get the Linux version running with Fedora Core, but I did manage to get the WinXP version to work with Wine... but instead of reporting it as Linux, it was reported as Win95.

LAMO :rofl:

That would be pretty funny, a 400+ day uptime on what reports to be a Win95 box :D

ME would be even better though :laugh: