Just bought a Lenovo S340

I went to best buy and decided to go to the dark world of Windows and bought this: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-s340-15api-touch-15-6-touch-screen-laptop-amd-ryzen-5-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-platinum-gray/6350523.p?skuId=6350523

I was thinking in buying a Mac laptop but man, for less than half of price you get more juice and better specs. Can't wait to play with it when I get home from work.

That really isn't anything "great" you know. That doesn't even have a dedicated gpu. And a HDD? You are a bit behinds the times, mate.

Hope you aren't using this for gaming. A sub $500 laptop is never meant for gaming. Just for email, browsing, light officce work.

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

That really isn't anything "great" you know. That doesn't even have a dedicated gpu. And a HDD? You are a bit behinds the times, mate.

Hope you aren't using this for gaming. A sub $500 laptop is never meant for gaming. Just for email, browsing, light officce work.

It's obviously not a gaming laptop but it can handle games that does not require too much power plus comparing to a Mac laptop... it obviously have more juice and space in the HDD.  I have a steam account with a lot of games for Windows that does not require a dedicated gaming laptop. They are old games.

1 minute ago, macoman said:

It's obviously not a gaming laptop but it can handle games that does not require too much power plus comparing to a Mac laptop... it obviously have more juice and space in the HDD.  I have a steam account with a lot of games for Windows that does not require a dedicated gaming laptop. They are old games.

I'd get a SSD in there... Dunno if the HDD is 5400 or not, I'd look into that...

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

I'd get a SSD in there... Dunno if the HDD is 5400 or not, I'd look into that...

I checked the specs and it is indeed a 5400 HDD

2 minutes ago, macoman said:

I checked the specs and it is indeed a 5400 HDD

That's very bad for you... Get an SSD, and you'll see you laptop fly. ;)

5 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

That's very bad for you... Get an SSD, and you'll see you laptop fly. ;)

I will but first need to search for a good deal in a SSD.

22 minutes ago, macoman said:

I will but first need to search for a good deal in a SSD.

Get Samsung, you'll get good performance off it. I currently have 6 Samsung SSD's 😛

Edit: And they all work to this day...

Shoot...you'd probably be able to add a NVMe SSD to that notebook and keep the regular hard as storage/infrequently used programs drive. I'm sure you could find a decent 250-500GB NVMe drive for around 60 bucks.

Would have to double check the specs on the notebook (this is just a "drive by" post on my phone)...but I beat you could add a 2280 NVMe SSD or 2280 SATA SSD.

2 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Shoot...you'd probably be able to add a NVMe SSD to that notebook and keep the regular hard as storage/infrequently used programs drive. I'm sure you could find a decent 250-500GB NVMe drive for around 60 bucks.

Would have to double check the specs on the notebook (this is just a "drive by" post on my phone)...but I beat you could add a 2280 NVMe SSD or 2280 SATA SSD.

I will research about it... ;)

7 minutes ago, xendrome said:

I decided to return it and get the HP Pavilion :)

• Like 1