If you had to choose between one of these two, which one would you choose?

14 minutes ago, Human.Online said:

iPad.  Android tablets are just not something I've ever found particularly useable for any real purpose.

One of the things that really aggravates me about Samsung is the fact that they don't update their OS like Apple does iOS. On top of that, they seem to forget about their previous models once they release a new model. They don't want to provide updates or upgrades to the old and instead focus on the new. I went to see the S6 and tried DEX. I have to say it's quite impressive and the tablet is super fast, but what good is a super fast tablet gonna do me if there are hardly any updates done for it and the Android apps available for it suck? Like seriously, there are hardly any good iOS alternatives on the Google Playstore. They are all bad and not optimized to take advantage of this tablet. 

I think I am going to go for the iPad instead.

On 12/5/2019 at 11:49 AM, spacelordmaster said:

One of the things that really aggravates me about Samsung is the fact that they don't update their OS like Apple does iOS. On top of that, they seem to forget about their previous models once they release a new model. They don't want to provide updates or upgrades to the old and instead focus on the new. I went to see the S6 and tried DEX. I have to say it's quite impressive and the tablet is super fast, but what good is a super fast tablet gonna do me if there are hardly any updates done for it and the Android apps available for it suck? Like seriously, there are hardly any good iOS alternatives on the Google Playstore. They are all bad and not optimized to take advantage of this tablet. 

I think I am going to go for the iPad instead.

I know that Samsung USED to be like that, but my S9+ is still getting updates from Samsung. I believe they support old devices up to 2 years old. Not sure what Apple do in terms of old device support and updates?

Because I have an android based phone, probably the Samsung because the two will integrate with each other much more smoothly.

However, if the RRP is correct and the Samsung is $170 more, the price may be enough to convince me otherwise.

On 12/5/2019 at 6:30 AM, Human.Online said:

iPad.  Android tablets are just not something I've ever found particularly useable for any real purpose.

agreed. I love my android phone. but I did not like any android tablet I have tried, meanwhile ipad is very good even if you will have 2 different ecosystems - for tablet apple store is way better also.

• Like 1

I don't know if it would make a difference with making a decision, but what are you using the tablet for?

The Tab S6 comes with a pen, so for things like sketching or taking notes it may work better. 

iPad for sure.  I don't really even like Apple, but that's one thing they have done "mostly" right.  Especially battery life.  I use it nightly and only charge it once a week, maybe twice.  Android tablets just don't typically manage the battery well.  I have S9 for phone and daughter and girlfriend use iPhone XR and X.

4 hours ago, restroom said:

I know that Samsung USED to be like that, but my S9+ is still getting updates from Samsung. I believe they support old devices up to 2 years old. Not sure what Apple do in terms of old device support and updates?

the S series is their flagship series though; everything below that doesn't get quite as much love. I have the 2018 Variant of the Galaxy A8 and it took until April this year to get Android 9, I just got the September security update a few weeks ago and I'm doubtful they'll push Android 10 to the device at all even though it will still be within the supposed 2 year support cycle by the time 10 finalizes.

It's better than it used to be but still not on par IMO with how good support should be.

22 hours ago, Brandon H said:

the S series is their flagship series though; everything below that doesn't get quite as much love. I have the 2018 Variant of the Galaxy A8 and it took until April this year to get Android 9, I just got the September security update a few weeks ago and I'm doubtful they'll push Android 10 to the device at all even though it will still be within the supposed 2 year support cycle by the time 10 finalizes.

It's better than it used to be but still not on par IMO with how good support should be.

Ah, i never realized that. I guess having only ever used their flagships, i only saw it from that perspective.

iPad. The OS Updates, years of support, speed, application selection, BATTERY LIFE. I have one and I love it. Got my gf one for $150 off swap, she poo poo's everything. She even Poo Poo'ed the thought of having one. Now she LIVES on it! I also have a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 tablet. It's in my bathroom as my toilet tablet. On that I get bout 15 days of battery life while using it a couple mins a day. That's only after I bloated the **** out of it with ADB.