Do you do online banking on your smart phone?

Do you do online banking on your smart phone?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you do online banking on your smart phone?

• Yes
    • No
    • I might some day
  2. 2. If you do, what kind of Phone do you use?

• iPhone
    • Android
    • Windows Phone
    • Firefox OS
    • Other
    • I don't do online banking on my phone
  3. 3. If you use your phone for online banking, how current is your phone in regards to security updates

• It has the latest Security update!
    • 1 month old
    • 2 months old
    • 3 months old
    • 4 months old
    • 5 months old
    • 6 months old
    • 8 months old
    • 9 months old
    • 10 months old
    • 11 months old
    • 12 months old
    • OVER a YEAR OLD!
    • I don't do online banking on my phone

Yes, my bank has a well put together app. Even supports fingerprint login which is nice (of course it still requires password entry to actually deposit or move funds)

I currently use a Samsung Galaxy A6 and it has the September security patch.

Most of my banking is done via my phone (Samsung S10 with Nov update)

Mostly just involves checking statements, paying someone for dinner etc.

I wouldn't touch mobile banking with a 10' pole and that's just me been paranoid being its my actual money being touched if my phone get compromised for some reason.

Plus there's nothing in my life that can't wait till I get home to do banking.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, I do both my Credit Card banking and Chequing account banking on my phone.  Pixel 2 running latest patches.  Both banking apps are developed by the same company and are basically just re-skins. 

9 minutes ago, primortal said:

I wouldn't touch mobile banking with a 10' pole and that's just me been paranoid being its my actual money being touched if my phone get compromised for some reason.

That's my feeling too. If you voted on the poll, i'm guessing you would choose No, yet on the last question only one person said they don't to online banking.

i do, but it is kinda scary that the banks website had a disclaimer saying they are not responsible for hacks or money stolen, IF YOU USE mobile app, and they prefer i use their website as it is more secure then the app.

anyway, sometimes i need to do some payments or deposit a cheque, and my phone is too convenient.

depositing a cheque with a phone camera is the best, no need to physically go anywhere.

8 minutes ago, warwagon said:

That's my feeling too. If you voted on the poll, i'm guessing you would choose No, yet on the last question only one person said they don't to online banking.

I did vote no, but the last question to me wasn't pertaining to online banking so I voted 'It has the latest Security update!'

5 minutes ago, techbeck said:

Just to deposit checks.

haha, i was just saying that, it is the best feature.

but today i needed to send some money to a friend and i also used my phone, while he waited, instead of waiting to get  to a pc.

i have encrypted S9 plus, so i hope it is better then many others, if it gets lost or stolen.

11 minutes ago, warwagon said:

IMO the last question can still be answered even if you're not banking on mobile. could show a good reason why the person isn't using mobile in my mind.

1 minute ago, primortal said:

I did vote no, but the last question to me wasn't pertaining to online banking so I voted 'It has the latest Security update!'

I just edited and reworded the question.

1 minute ago, Brandon H said:

IMO the last question can still be answered even if you're not banking on mobile. could show a good reason why the person isn't using mobile in my mind.

in regards to the last question, I wanted to see how many people use online banking even though their phone is missing security updates.

6 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I just edited and reworded the question.

Adjusted my voting :D

Now banking on my iPad, that's a different story ;)

No, but my bank does have a nice app, just haven't made the leap.  I'm not quite there yet regarding feeling secure with mobile finance use.

I do, mainly for balance and check deposit. My credit union has a good app and I have fingerprint authentication enabled.

I actually use a mobile only bank for my day to day spending (Monzo). I like the instant notifications the second any money goes out or comes in to my account.

In addition its all the other little things such as been able to see on Google Maps exactly where a payment was made and how much i've spent with a particular company over a certain time frame.

Friends can even pay me money with their credit / debit card directly in to my account, which can be handy for splitting a bill.

On 12/5/2019 at 11:32 AM, primortal said:

Couldn't agree more!