New computer wont connect to any monitor


Recommended Posts

Drsuperamerica

So I got a new computer but after plugging it all in the monitor kept saying no signal. I went to get an adapter but the adapter ended up not fitting. I tried plugging my computer into a tv with an hdmi cable and after making sure it was on the right input and hdmi it still said no signal. I figured since when I turned on my computer the lights and fans came on that it meant it worked but my brother said it just means the power comes on. I dont know much about computers, is someone able to help me please?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jim K

Is this an OEM (like a Dell, HP, etc) brand new computer?  If so, list make/model.  If it is brand new OEM and you are not getting any display output (even BIOS) ... I would return it.

 

Did you build this yourself (if so, list parts).  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nick H.
31 minutes ago, Drsuperamerica said:

So I got a new computer but after plugging it all in the monitor kept saying no signal. I went to get an adapter but the adapter ended up not fitting. I tried plugging my computer into a tv with an hdmi cable and after making sure it was on the right input and hdmi it still said no signal. I figured since when I turned on my computer the lights and fans came on that it meant it worked but my brother said it just means the power comes on. I dont know much about computers, is someone able to help me please?

Welcome to Neowin!

 

If I understand rightly, you plugged it in to two different monitors and both times it said that there was no signal? Sounds like an issue with the laptop. Can you try other cables (for example, displayport rather than HDMI)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Skyfrog

You might try having someone check the RAM, swap the modules and test one at a time or just try reinserting them. I've often found a poor connection or a bad stick of RAM can cause the computer not to post or display any video. Does it have onboard video or a discrete video card? If it is a card make sure that the PCI-e power cable is connected to it if it requires one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Drsuperamerica
4 hours ago, Drsuperamerica said:

So I got a new computer but after plugging it all in the monitor kept saying no signal. I went to get an adapter but the adapter ended up not fitting. I tried plugging my computer into a tv with an hdmi cable and after making sure it was on the right input and hdmi it still said no signal. I figured since when I turned on my computer the lights and fans came on that it meant it worked but my brother said it just means the power comes on. I dont know much about computers, is someone able to help me please?

 

4 hours ago, Jim K said:

Is this an OEM (like a Dell, HP, etc) brand new computer?  If so, list make/model.  If it is brand new OEM and you are not getting any display output (even BIOS) ... I would return it.

 

Did you build this yourself (if so, list parts).  

I believe it is an OEM, I got it through newegg but the computer itself is from ABS. The model is ABS Mage E Ala107

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster

Stupid question, but are you connecting your monitor to onboard video or your GFX card? (we all done it)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster
6 minutes ago, Jim K said:

Yea, make sure you are plugged into the GPU.  It seems this PC has the Ryzen 2600 so the video outputs on the motherboard will not work (the Ryzen 2600 does not have an integrated GPU).

 

I know this first hand. ;) (see my sig)

Link to post
Share on other sites
SnoopZ

Also make sure the correct monitor source is selected on the monitor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
-_MSD_-

yep, try that, (although these days most have on board and they should work whether u have a gpu or not)....if nothing happens, take side off and give graphics card a bang as it may have come loose in transit...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Mindovermaster
1 hour ago, -_MSD_- said:

yep, try that, (although these days most have on board and they should work whether u have a gpu or not)....if nothing happens, take side off and give graphics card a bang as it may have come loose in transit...

Some, yes, but he doesn't have an APU, so onboard has no connection with the CPU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.