How to get photo realistic colours on a Macbook pro 2019?

Hi I have just got a new Macbook Pro 2019. It's OK. But the lack of ports and connectivity is bemusing. But anyway that aside, I've been trying to use it to do what Mac is famous for and edit some images. However what I have found is that with the 'adaptive display' setting set to on it injects a lot of yellow light onto the screen - and hence into my images. With this setting set to off, the screen produces a lot of blue light - and hence any images show a bias towards the blue end of the spectrum. I'm not sure if it's something I'm doing,. or not doing. But how do I get a photorealistic representation of images on my Mac? As I said, right now, everything either looks very yellow/warm or blue/cold. 

I have a media centre PC hooked up to a big UHD TV and my images look much more realistic and true to life on this.

One, you knew about the ports before buying, so you cannot complain about that ;)
Second, why is Apple famous for photo editing? Everyone works with Photoshop, and that is available for Windows as well and works exactly the same. It may (or not) have been true in the past, but nowadays no.

Regarding the warm/cold look, calibrate your screen if you're really serious about. I don't care how well Apple calibrated their screens, you know how well after a calibration.
This is true for all screens alike. But looking at your comments, I suspect Apple is doing more under the hood than is necessary.
Try to get hold of a screen calibration device, and see if this improves things.

I've only seen a handful of applications that work better on a Mac, and one of them is audio editing. All other things can equally be done on any other platform imho.
The only place I still see Apple's a lot is in advertising, but that is more because Windows laptops used to sock balls big time.

Just now, Dutchie64 said:

why is Apple famous for photo editing

Historically they cornered the print layout market because of their ability to use PostScript out of the box, and thus work better with the printers of the era.  Currently?

Well sure, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign are cross-platform apps, and I would argue work equally well on either.  I genuinely believe that the workflow on a Mac is more suited towards this use however.

I'm not arguing that anything is better, but - you asked :)

Adrynalyne seems to find the hidden feature. Always nice to see the OS deciding what colors to show 😕

And Human.Online: You're true about Postscript, but that hasn't been the case for quite a long time. I have a friend in the printing business, and haven't seen a Mac in the office for a while.
It's more a perception thing I guess. In addition to price, I don't see the appeal of OSX. And yes, I used it. But OP's question has been answered, so let's not dilute this thread ;)

Disabling the True Tone colours and the adaptive lighting display helped a lot. But really to be honest, the screen on the Macbook pro doesn't really seem all that good. I've done the calibration thing - and the bottom line is that despite everything, this screen can't even really nearly match the kind of colour depth and resolution I get from my 4 year old 50 inch LG UHD TV. I mean, it's kind of almost there, but not quite. So OK I'll go along with what seems to be the consensus here that maybe I was a bit of an idiot to swallow the pill and believe the hype that Macs were great for photo and video editing. But really what did I know? This is my first Mac for a lot of years. I had one previously for a short while, but I had no interest then in using it for photo or video editing, so I don't recall any screen colouring issues.

I don't think this is something that can be fixed, other than maybe hooking the Mac up to a big 3rd party external display somehow, although this rather defeats the purpose of getting the Mac to begin with. But oh well, I guess I needed something lightweight for mobile photo editing and I suppose I will just have to decide if maybe this is good enough or not.

Sorry I don't want to upset any Apple fans. Good for you if you love everything about Apple.

:) But for me I just feel a tad disappointed.

Edit: Justa quick update. After doing all of the above and applying the Apple RGB colour profile, the images on the Macbook now look better than the same images on my TV. All of the depth and richness is there now. So problem solved.