Need For Speed Payback System Support Question

Question

Hello All

When I checked Can you Run it type site,  it said my laptop was unsupported for that game, or maybe it was an Intel Gaming Site,     Would that game be better off being installed on my Desktop Machine (Planned video card upgrade for Desktop as soon as I can afford it in about 1-2 months hopefully it all goes well,  Laptop nvidia video is 1050TI 4gb,  Desktop 1050 2gb currently, planning on 1660 Super for 1080P gaming with my 1080P monitor.

Laptops CPU is Intel 7700HQ,  8gb of ram, ((upping to 16gb of ram as soon as I can as well))   

Thank you all in advance

5 answers to this question

The game will work fine on either system if you have the latest NV drivers, but the desktop 7700 is more powerful than the laptop one.  Right now the laptop may run the game better, but laptops are generally heat and power constrained for gaming sessions so I can't be sure.

Yeah i'm not really sure either at this point which one to play that game on lol,  guess i'll decide based on performance, and heat wise with Laptop, and go from there I suppose.     Both systems pretty good to game on, sure not the latest and greatest tech, but all can afford for right now, upgrading a little a time as go along lol, so far both meet my needs in terms of software and activites to do on them.

Latest nvidia drivers are installed,  Latest Windows Updates as well. 

Guess will think about this more, and determine what best to do

The online scanning thing probably didn't detect the 1050ti properly (instead saw the integrated Intel GPU).

The recommended settings for 1080p at 60 fps are:

CPU: Intel i5 4690K @ 3.5GHz (4 Cores, 4 Threads) or AMD FX 8350 @ 4.0GHz (8 Cores, 8 Threads)

RAM: 8GB

VIDEO: AMD Radeon™ RX 480 4GB, NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB or equivalent DX11 compatible GPU with 4GB of memory

https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback/news/nfs-payback-pc-requirements

...so you are just about to the recommended settings.

I think you'll be just fine.

Thanks Jim K,  and did realize I was just about to recommended settings whichever system I end up playing it on.    Just have to make sure Laptop doesn't over heat while playing it or throttle down lol,   guess i'll load it up some tomorrow and see how it does lol, If it seems to hot, then probably will uninstall from Laptop, and instead install that game on Desktop machine after all lol.      

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for 90 days. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.