I have a device that only works at 2.4 ghz but to control it I need to use my cell phone which is connected at 5!

My question is how can I get my cellphone to connect to the 2.4 instead of the 5? The router is dual band, and I have scanned the area with a WiFi scanner and it shows the connection at 2.4 as well as the 5.

Not sure why this is an issue? are both devices connecting to the same access point or is this an ad-hoc network? if so it shouldn't matter... only Ad-hoc connections to each other would be a problem

13 minutes ago, neufuse said:

Not sure why this is an issue? are both devices connecting to the same access point? if so it shouldn't matter... only Ad-hoc connections to each other would be a problem

Not sure either, but the I can not setup the camera because it can only use the 2.4:

1644204187_2019-12-3116_41_55.thumb.png.09f03f0fcaa3d5bca669dc209a5d376d.png

So I fixed it by turning off channel selection from the router (where it automatically chooses based on the device) and now the 2.4 shows up and I was able to connect to it

I've had picky iot devices like that before too. It is possible in the router to split the 2.4 and 5 that sometimes makes those stupid devices happy. In my case I just created guest network that is 2.4 only. That satisfied them.

Glad you got it working

4 hours ago, warwagon said:

I've had picky iot devices like that before too. It is possible in the router to split the 2.4 and 5 that sometimes makes those stupid devices happy. In my case I just created guest network that is 2.4 only. That satisfied them.

Glad you got it working

Not sure exactly what the issue was, but it's working for now... :D

3 hours ago, xendrome said:

Different SSID's for 5ghz vs 2.4ghz maybe?

Now we have 3 SSID's that shows 2.4, + 5, , and one that shows just 2.4

• 11 months later...

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for a year. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.