• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Definitive Best PAID Antivirus 2020

Definitive Best PAID Antivirus 2019  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

goretsky    1,199

Hello, 

This is the 2019 poll for best paid anti-virus (aka anti-malware aka internet security aka endpoint security) security software. 

The poll for free products is located here.  The poll for 2019's best paid antivirus is located here.

If your choice is not listed, please choose "other" and reply below with its name. 

This year the poll is multiple choice, so that you can select two (or more) choices.  If you do choose multiple options, please leave a comment with the ones you chose and why.  

Regards, 

Aryeh Goretsky 

3 answers to this question

+RNDM_STRNGR    10,598
19 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello, 

This is the 2019 poll for best paid anti-virus (aka anti-malware aka internet security aka endpoint security) security software. 

The poll for free products is located here.  The poll for 2019's best paid antivirus is located here.

If your choice is not listed, please choose "other" and reply below with its name. 

This year the poll is multiple choice, so that you can select two (or more) choices.  If you do choose multiple options, please leave a comment with the ones you chose and why.  

Regards, 

Aryeh Goretsky 

aryeh

what do you recommend? did things change over last few years in that market?

I use both malwarebytes and eset. on some I use 1 and on other pcs I use another. on one pc i even use both.

but i wonder if this is the best strategy

• Like 1

goretsky    1,199

Hello @Jimmy1,

I actually work for one of the companies listed above, as well as worked at another in the past, so I shall be restraining from making any recommendations or commentary favoring any one programand limiting my comments to just ensuring that this thread goes smoothly for all participants (this applies to the Definitive Best FREE Antivirus 2020 thread as well).

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3 hours ago, Jimmy1 said:

aryeh

what do you recommend? did things change over last few years in that market?

I use both malwarebytes and eset. on some I use 1 and on other pcs I use another. on one pc i even use both.

but i wonder if this is the best strategy

Vince800    326

As with previous years, If you're going to pay for AV. I'd  go with Norton. Purely because it's light on resources and the detection rates always seem to come up good. Also, I find the File Insight option to be really useful.