Notebook choice: Asus ROG Strix G731GU vs. MEDION ERAZER P1781

I am looking for a new (gaming) notebook.

Preferably 2 slots for SDD/HDD, and an 16xx-series or higher nvidia GPU.

I came across two interesting options:

MEDION ERAZER P1781

and

Asus ROG Strix GL731GU-EV098T

I like Asus, because it's been reliable on me for over 5 years on my notebook (And my Asus mobo for desktop of 2010 is still going strong), but I've seen some (not so good) reviews on this notebook.

And I've heard Medion has mediocre components (as it is apparently "mostly budget" oriented).

Which one you you recommend? And why? What do you think of HP (e.g. HP ENVY 17-ce1650nd)?

Or do you guys know another good performing (gaming) notebook under 1500 EUR (around 1670 USD)?

Look at this:

It comes with a 2060 RX, and 4#00 (depends what you buy)

That's from CES, though...

I think I kinda 'narrowed it down':

MSI GL73 9SD-282NL (GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 16GB RM, 1,256TB (SSD + regular 1TB HDD @5400RPM))

or HP Pavilion 17-cd0700nd (basically same specs as MSI, but 1 TB HDD @7200RPM)

So, it comes down to best (gaming) brand and components. What do you guys think... MSI or HP?

HP is good for business computers; i've had more trouble than good with them in the past though with their consumer range including gaming.

MSI is known to have good gaming laptops so I'd go with them personally

I know SC302 deals with HP business laptops. But personally, I never liked HP out of their printer range...

I have chosen the ASUS ROG Strix G GL731GV-EV026T, 17.3" notebook (256GB SSD, 1TB, RTX 2060, Win 10 and IPS).

But how come these notebooks are so damn expensive nowadays (as compared to 1-2 years ago)?

What components are sky rocketing?

3 minutes ago, kiddingguy said:

But how come these notebooks are so damn expensive nowadays (as compared to 1-2 years ago)?

What components are sky rocketing?

It's mostly the dedicated graphics that inflate the laptop prices; that along with SSDs; OEMs still like to charge an arm and a leg to include them instead of bare standard 5400rpm HDDs

Most higher laptops have USB-C and thunderbolt. Think that's where you see their increase.

• 11 months later...

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for a year. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.