2 users at the same time?

So I have a tv hooked up to my computer along with my monitor.

I'm wondering if there is a way I can put steam with games running on the tv using a controller for my kid to play. While I'm still able to use the computer for other things on my regular monitor?

I have a ryzen 5 2600x

Rx580

And she doesn't play graphically intense games she's only 4. So I'm 100% sure my computer can do these 2 things at once.

How could I do this?

Only way you can do that is with EXSi or Linux. Windows can not do multiple instances, afaik.

"she doesn't play graphically intense games she's only 4"

Maybe VMware?  Check it...

Install VMware Workstation Player (which is free for home use)

Install a copy of Windows

Install WMware Tools after Windows is installed/loaded 

Install Steam

Install the game .. and pray.

If the game isn't resource intensive you should be alright.  I just tested with the game "Inside" and it was fine.

With VMware you can connect (capture) the game controller which disconnects it from the Host (so it doesn't interfere).  You can also do this with a secondary mouse/keyboard so they'll stay within the VM.  The Host keyboard/mouse wouldn't mess with the VM either (unless you click within the VM)

Just a thought.  Might not be the most elegant solution ... but it'll probably work for a 4-year old playing simple games.

Clear as mud?

VMware workstation / player. setup on the 2nd screen and setup mouse / keyboard to be maped to the VM..  worked well when my wifes pc died once.

Old Video i made lol enjoy..

• 11 months later...

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for a year. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.