How can I pre select what folders I want to use when configuring One Drive for the first time?

Question

I have this laptop my parents use, which I want to sync some of our personal files into.

Thing is, it doesn't that have much space so I don't want to sync all the files into it, just some particular ones they actually need for 'on-the-go' situations.

But the problem when I put insert my credentials and select continue, OneDrive automatically wants to syns EVERYTHING. I have to rapidly go to Settings and unselect all folders then hit OK.

For some reason, if I pause the sync, the settings options is disabled. So I can only configure while I select the sync is in promise.
Mind you, no big files have been sync yet, but I'm left with a ton of folders that are emtpy, but a ton of folders, but I'm not sure maybe some small pic of someone's wedding was able to get sync in the process and I'm afraid if I select DELETE from the laptop, it will delete from the OneDrive cloud.

Suggestions? 

1 answer to this question

This topic was automatically locked because it did not receive any replies for a year. If you want to have this topic reopened

• please contact any staff moderator or
  • report the first post of the topic with the reason why it should be reopened.

Thank you.