Pulled the trigger on a dream machine

I am getting my dream machine at the end of the week.  Should be able to pull metrics better of all devices.  Too bad the 2.4 band is limited to 300.  I have a couple of ac- hd’s I can put in.  I could have gotten an edge router and cloud key and worked out better but really want to try out the dream machine.  

but as my home gets more iot devices I want a device that segregate them out onto their own vlans with different security weights associated to those vlans.  

I think the r9000 router I have might be a better wireless AP But no where near as feature rich.  

Nice, I have a USG-Pro-4 and a 48port US-48-500W coupled with 2x AP-HDs and running off a gen 2 plus key and couldn't be happier with it all. 

You'll love it for sure.

Which cloud key do you have?

I have a few gen 1 cloud keys for different networks.   My largest network I have ~60 UniFi ap’s pro/ac pros and swapping out for ac hd’s   Very familiar with their product line. 

Awesome.

Have you come across a dream machine pro? 

I wonder if they will ever release Unifi OS on the Gen 2 keys, they said they would port Unifi Protect to NVRs but never did so I'm not holding out hope for OS. 

I was looking at it but wasn’t 100% on getting the pro vs the standard dream machine.  The UniFi nvr and cameras are expensive for home but lines up well for small business.  My business, I would need a lot of nvrs.  My one location has 80 cameras and it seems we are adding about 5 a month, we have a 6U hikvision nvr with about 500TB of storage. 

80 cameras jeez, there wasn't 80 cameras at the main distribution warehouse for the company I used to work for that's a multi billion dollar company. Crazy!

Let us all know if the Dream Machine is any good.

All the people I know I got them onto Ubiquiti a while back and they all love it too. So recommendations from people who actually use the equipment is great.

2 three letter agencies up my ass making semi annual “surprise” visits. We need to see every angle of certain areas.  Monitoring things were a few hundred can fit in your hand, and that is the larger stuff. We deal with things measured in kilos.  They aren’t too kind when things go missing.  The warehouse has about 15. It is the vaults and isles in the vaults. 

plan on giving some sort of review from a technical perspective.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoochieMamma said:

they said they would port Unifi Protect to NVRs but never did so I'm not holding out hope for OS. 

There's a 1U, 4-bay rack mount NVR that runs Protect in the Beta store, should be out in the next few months

13 minutes ago, DaveLegg said:

There's a 1U, 4-bay rack mount NVR that runs Protect in the Beta store, should be out in the next few months

Yeah I was meaning the original NVR running unifi video. Lucky the Gen 2 keys came out when I was putting my house together