• 0

Origin - Issue installing on Windows 10


Question

Orange

Hi all,

 

Finally upgraded my laptop to Windows 10,

 

Tried installing Origin and i come across an error that alot of Windows 10 users have come across. I have tried loading it via run as admin but it has failed.

 

Anyone got a good solution to getting this to work please.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

image.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Brandon H
Just now, ZakO said:

That DLL is part of the Visual C++ 2015 runtime, try installing it manually: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145

 

I would have thought Origin would install all the pre-requisites it needs on installation though, so it might not work. 

yep was just about to suggest that. googling that file is missing gave me the following pages that suggest just that

 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/msvcp140dll-is-missing-in-my-win-10/1c65d6b0-68b8-4b59-b720-3e6a33038389

 

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-msvcp140-dll-is-missing/ - fix 2 on the list

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Orange
On 2/26/2020 at 8:16 PM, ZakO said:

That DLL is part of the Visual C++ 2015 runtime, try installing it manually: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=48145

 

I would have thought Origin would install all the pre-requisites it needs on installation though, so it might not work. 

Hi,

 

Thanks for the quick help, sadly this one as you would of guessed didn't work. I tried to install but said a newer version was already installed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Orange
On 2/26/2020 at 8:18 PM, Brandon H said:

yep was just about to suggest that. googling that file is missing gave me the following pages that suggest just that

 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/msvcp140dll-is-missing-in-my-win-10/1c65d6b0-68b8-4b59-b720-3e6a33038389

 

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-fix-msvcp140-dll-is-missing/ - fix 2 on the list

Tried few of the ideas but none worked, one of them i screen printed. Tried to register the file in CMD - Failed

 

Not paying £13.95 for one DLL file even know that may work. Tried other means to get the file but kept saying it was in use.

 

image.thumb.png.489db4d11222c0bf9f1af2a7089d2ad8.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
ZakO

Did you try installing both the x86 and x64 version of the Visual C++ 2015 Runtime? Try installing both (vc_redist.x86.exe / vc_redist.x64.exe) from here; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads if it tells you it's already installed run repair the installation. 

 

Definitely don't pay anything. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Orange
7 hours ago, ZakO said:

Did you try installing both the x86 and x64 version of the Visual C++ 2015 Runtime? Try installing both (vc_redist.x86.exe / vc_redist.x64.exe) from here; https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads if it tells you it's already installed run repair the installation. 

 

Definitely don't pay anything. 

Hi,

 

Thanks for that!

 

I downloaded both and it worked, very strange that i had to download the 32bit version as well when i have 64bit windows.

 

Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Matthew S.
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 1:07 AM, Orange said:

Hi,

 

Thanks for that!

 

I downloaded both and it worked, very strange that i had to download the 32bit version as well when i have 64bit windows.

 

Thanks.

Origin is a 32bit application so it would require the 32bit runtime...

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Rella S

I had this issue just download an old version of Origin. Found this on Youtube and was so happy I did. Had to share to help others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Jim K
5 minutes ago, Rella S said:

I had this issue just download an old version of Origin. Found this on Youtube and was so happy I did. Had to share to help others.

I removed the link you posted (you're a new guy ... don't trust ya).  Besides, the OP already solved the issue by installing the appropriate Visual C++ runtimes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.