Find my iPhone only 24 hours WHY?

I would to understand why Apple stole the last location of your iPhone for 24 hours. This makes no sense when the information is under iCloud account and I should have the right or have time if I don't get on a computer to locate my device. Is it because iCloud is not really Secure service?

A whole lot of typos and clarity that needs to be fixed here.

Let's not forget that iCloud, like any other online account, can be broken into by easy-to-guess passwords.  It's very unlikely that anybody is hacking it.

I want to understand why Apple's Find My iPhone only store the last location for 24 hours and they delete it. I know Find My iPhone data is in iCloud. I know iCloud had a lot of Security issues. But deleting the location after 24 hours seem real short. More so if you don't remember about Find My iPhone and have to use a computer which could take longer than 24 hours.

Do you have send last known location enabled?  If not - then no once your phone has been offline for more than 24 hours, say the battery died then your out of luck..

10 hours ago, BudMan said:

Do you have send last known location enabled?  If not - then no once your phone has been offline for more than 24 hours, say the battery died then your out of luck..

It's for my Apple Watch. They have a location feature like iphone.

The Find My iDevice feature doesn't constantly track the device - it locates the devices when the owner logs in to another device or iCloud and attempts to find the device. The "send last location" feature will do so when the battery is critically low.

Not really sure what you mean - when my laptop went in for repair it's last location (the Apple store) was available for the 4 days it was in for repair