Real Time Strategy War Games

I was wondering if there are any new & recent RTS War Games out. NO turn-based games, like e.d. Panzer Corps 2.

I like the Red Alert/C&C franchise, but would like to have a more modern approach to it.

I also don't fancy the space battles...

Any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Try StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty it is a science fiction real-time strategy video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment.
SC2 is an online game featuring the wars between races, with you controlling one of them. In my opinion, this game is second to nothing. It has 3 long campaigns, one of which is free, the game itself is free to play, has online features with a very large variety of ranks, has its own arcade, and infinitely ways to play.

Warzone 2100 just got a rerelease on Steam. It's one of the few RTS games that completely changes the genre. After you play it, you're going to be wondering what the hell all the other games are doing.

It's open source now, and is free to play.

I'm a big fan of the RTS genre too. Played the original Warcraft and C&C on my IBM 486 machine back then, in another life. Then, of course, played RA2, WC2, SC1 on my first Pentium.

Unfortunately, the genre is pretty much dead. It's been overtaken by MOBA.

Not even WC3:Reforged could save it. The game is still worth checking out though. Don't believe the negative hype in the media.

On 4/11/2020 at 8:19 AM, Johny Johny said:

SC2 is an online game featuring the wars between races, with you controlling one of them. In my opinion, this game is second to nothing. 

Agreed 100%.

Edited by Peresvet