Issue with Google Voice?

I am using a OBI box to provide Google Voice to our house, and generally it works really good. Tonight, I had a call back from a company, and it required me to press 1 to confirm it was me. Now despite me pressing 1 over a dozen times, it did not seem to transmit to the other end, or it was not recognized. Now I can call my bank, and press buttons to get to the right spot, but I have had this issue before with other companies phone trees not accepting the tones I input. Could this issue be Google Voice, or is it possibly the physical phone handset?

Hello,

It might be a problem with how the DTMF payload from your phone/OBI telephony adapter was being transmitted, or how the recipient was handling it.  If it is just one particular caller, than I would say the issue is at their end.  If it is for all calls you make where a button on the phone must be pressed, than I would suspect the phone, the TA, or your service provider.  Also, keep in mind that with so many people working from home right now, it is possible there is some kind of stability issue or service degradation with the service provider.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

It might be a problem with how the DTMF payload from your phone/OBI telephony adapter was being transmitted, or how the recipient was handling it.  If it is just one particular caller, than I would say the issue is at their end.  If it is for all calls you make where a button on the phone must be pressed, than I would suspect the phone, the TA, or your service provider.  Also, keep in mind that with so many people working from home right now, it is possible there is some kind of stability issue or service degradation with the service provider.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

Thanks for the response, is there any method to check other then making calls that require DTMF tones?

Hello,

I would start by checking with Polycom or Google's support.  They will likely have to do the troubleshooting at their respective ends.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

45 minutes ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

I would start by checking with Polycom or Google's support.  They will likely have to do the troubleshooting at their respective ends.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I attempted to update the firmware, but it said that the file was corrupt, which is funny since I had just downloaded it from there servers, but I did have it reset the box, it has been ~6 months, maybe that will help, otherwise I might just chalk up as a one off.