Multiple external IP addresses on a FRITZ!Box 7530

Hi, my ISP (Zen Internet) supports multiple IP addresses and even have a guide on how to set them up on the old Fritzbox routers: https://support.zen.co.uk/kb/Knowledgebase/FritzBox-3490-Routed-IP-via-NAT

I've followed the instructions, and added both the Prefix and Network mask under the 'Public IPv4 Subnet' section, but I'm not sure how to allocate the IP addresses. I believe I need to look at using NAT translations but I cannot find anything alluding to that in the menus.

There is a section for Static IPv4 routes, but any combination I've tried entering hasn't worked:

image.thumb.png.5c5d804cee63ac5b2d049e6b3c26949b.png

Ideally what I'd like to do, and what I've done on my past two routers (one proved by Be, and one was an Asus RT-N66U) is set my computer to be a static IP address and then it have a different external IP address. So for example I want to set my internal network ID of 192.168.1.201 to show up with one of my fixed IP addresses (I think I have a block of 8, maybe 5 are usable)

Any suggestions please? :) Many thanks

Its not going to be a route you add.  If you have multiple IPs, it would be a VIP you (virtual ip) to your current wan..   Is your current router you using one from your ISP... Or some other router you bought?

And yes if you want your outbound traffic to use this other public IP, then yes you would need to setup your outbound nat to use that for what devices behind your router you want to use that IP with.

• Like 2

Thanks! My current router (the Fritzbox) was supplied by my ISP but they've said they are unable to help beyond the article I linked above... even though that's for the old router!

Sorry I'm really dumb when it comes to networking, how would I go about setting up a Virtual IP and assigning the outbound NAT?

That article hey linked too is putting the public IPs on devices behind your router.. The device itself would have to be using the public IP, and you would have to setup that IP static on the box behind your router..

Thought you said you were using a router form your ISP?  If you have another router behind that - what router is that?

I am using the router from my ISP :) Sorry, I think I misunderstood your post. So it is possible for me to be able to assign different external IPs just from this router?

Yes per your doc you linked to, they would be used by the clients on the inside of the router, and you set them up by on the client directly..

There would be no nat or anything of them - since they would be directly on the device behind your ISP device.

Thank you. Sorry for being dense, but how exactly would I go about doing that please? I have followed the instructions as per the document but everything my computer is still showing up with the same external IP.

On 4/21/2020 at 4:31 PM, BudMan said:

Well what IP did you give your client computer?

Sorry for the late reply, I gave it an IP of 192.168.178.201 :)

Budman will correct me if I`m wrong [or hopefully say I`m right] but don`t you have to manually assign the IP`s out of the block you pay for to each device you wan`t to have a public facing IP. The IP you gave is internal/private only.

You`ll have been given a block of 8 IP`s say 111.2.231 - 111.2.3.2-.......................up to 111.2.3.8  These are the static IP`s to give the client computers, just not the one assigned to the router.

^ exactly that is how the instructions read... If you want to do natting and give your devices a rfc1918 address, then your isp devices would need to support vips and how suggested it "could" work earlier in the thread.. Which is a common way of doing it..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, sorry I've had a crazy couple of weeks and completely forgot about this.

What I meant was I've assigned my computer an IP address of 192.168.178.201 internally, but I'm not sure how I then tell my router to then outwardly give my computer it's own external public facing IP.

Already went over how you would/could do that - if your router supported VIPs, but it doesn't seem to support that.  Not from the article you linked too.