There are many great features available to you once you register at Neowin, including:

• Richer content, access to many features that are disabled for guests like commenting on the front page
  • Access to a great community, with a massive database of experience on hard & software issues, gaming and recreational activities, and more
  • Access to the Neowin IRC - you could make a friend from across the world and talk to them live
  • Access to Neowin contests & subscription offers and forums that are not open to guests/li>
  • It's simple, and FREE! · Register here

Wow!

WOWWW!!

I've recovered my original Neowin account!! (I've been a member of the Neowin community since 2003)..

I've just 'recently' started using 1Password, wiping out the use of my static password(s) that I've used since the beginning of time.

I really wasn't even sure which email I had originally used when registering my Neowin account but looks like I've found it.

Just glad to be back!

One question - it looks like my 'member rating' is 2/10 stars (I only had '1' warning from a post I made in 2006 [14 years ago]).

How can I bring that rating back up?

Welcome back!

I believe the "rating" is based on number of posts.  I do not know the math behind it (x number of posts = y number of stars).. but it isn't part of the warning system afaik.

ah I see.

That won't be 'too' difficult for me.

I am a Canadian (from Toronto).

I grew up with DOS/Windows (~1994 - 2006) and made a hard transition right at the time when Apple was making the transition to Intel (2006/2007).

Now I don't use Windows at all, and only use macOS/iOS devices exclusively.

I now live in California (working in Silicon Valley).

However, I still have a heart for reading Microsoft/Windows related news.

I'd like to give a HUGE THANK YOU to all the admins and writers who have been keeping this site going! 

Edited by DeepBlade
  • Like 2

Welcome Back

I don't believe we've had a chance to meet as I joined in 2010 after you dropped off it looks like, but it's always nice to see/hear of a veteran to the site coming back again 🙂