How to connect to NAS?

Hi Neowinians!

I'm a not really experienced in network configs, I mean now the numbers of SUBNET MASK, etc.

My setup currently is:

Router: 192.168.1.1

Devices: 192.168.1.10+

I've got a NAS from a friend, which is configured for 192.168.0.1 as gateway and has an IP also something like 192.168.0.X. I don't know the exact IP of the device but in general, what do I need to do to connect the 192.168.0.X to my 192.168.1.X setup?

I believe I need to setup a IPv4 routing on my router?

image.thumb.png.d3321e06397672a6190490a0b57b607b.png

What do i need to enter as value to connect the 2 subnets?

What happens when you plug the NAS into your router and reboot it?

37 minutes ago, xrobwx71 said:

What happens when you plug the NAS into your router and reboot it?

I've already done it. The NAS is configured with a FIX IP on client side, it's an old D-link from 2010.

Well connect to the nas with an IP in its network, and then change it to use an IP on your network... Or set the nas to be dhcp, so it will pull and address and info from your router.

If you know the routers IP 192.168.0.x, set your computer static IP to say 192.168.0.1... Then do a ping sweep of the 192.168.0/24 network - ping 192.168.0.255, should hopefully return an IP and then you can connect to the nas with that IP and change it.

Or quite often they make software to do this for your specific nas.. Do you have a model number of the nas?

If you know its specific IP.. you wouldn't need to do the ping sweep.

Many of these nas have a way to reset them as well, then it should come up with a default IP you can use, or come up dhcp.

39 minutes ago, BudMan said:

Well connect to the nas with an IP in its network, and then change it to use an IP on your network... Or set the nas to be dhcp, so it will pull and address and info from your router.

If you know the routers IP 192.168.0.x, set your computer static IP to say 192.168.0.1... Then do a ping sweep of the 192.168.0/24 network - ping 192.168.0.255, should hopefully return an IP and then you can connect to the nas with that IP and change it.

Or quite often they make software to do this for your specific nas.. Do you have a model number of the nas?

It's a D-Link DNS-320.

1 hour ago, Class said:

Now comes the 2nd tricky part, can i make this as my plex server storage. 😝

Media storage ... sure.  Don't expect it to be a Plex Server which can transcode though....

Well it does have gig, so lets hope its not too slow... Gig you should be able to get 100-113MBps

But even if could do half of that, it could still be storage for your media..

Glad you got in!

Question: Why no new versions of the Plex Media for model DNS-320L/DNS-325/DNS-345 ?
Answer: Starting with Plex Media Server version 0.9.17.0, NAS devices that use the following processors or operating systems are no longer supported ARMv5 processors.
https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/218212517-Which-NAS-devices-are-no-longer-supported-starting-with-0-9-17-0-server-

Developers Plex provide the program in the finished binary code. This does not allow the new PMS versions to be adapted for the ARMv5 processor (DNS-320L/325/345).

• Like 1