Windows 10 Login - Don't show last logged in user

Hello,

On my Windows 10 login screen, it shows the last logged on user after the machine has been turned off.

I've already enabled the following in gpedit "Don't display last signed-in" & "Don't display username at sign-in"

If I log off, then do ctrl-alt-del, I get the normal username and password field which is fine, but if I just shut down my machine, turn it on and do ctrl-alt-del the last logged in user is visible.

This isn't on a domain BTW, I'm sure it has something to do with the fact Windows 10 doesn't really shut down, so next boot is fast (can't remember the feature name and not sleep)

Tar

Hello,

If you disable fast boot by issuing a powercfg -h off command from an elevated Command Prompt (filename: CMD.EXE) does the problem go away?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8 hours ago, goretsky said:

Hello,

If you disable fast boot by issuing a powercfg -h off command from an elevated Command Prompt (filename: CMD.EXE) does the problem go away?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I’ll give it a try. I suspect that is the case but I really like the fast boot, so in a way I hope it doesn’t fix it 

In All settings > Accounts > Sign in options > Use my sign in info, check if you are allowing the last signed in account to configure the PC, as this may set the last signed in account too by default.

SNAG-0001.png

On 4/25/2020 at 4:40 PM, Steven P. said:

In All settings > Accounts > Sign in options > Use my sign in info, check if you are allowing the last signed in account to configure the PC, as this may set the last signed in account too by default.

SNAG-0001.png

Finally got round to trying this, and hadouken, it works!

• Like 3