In ground sump pump issue

Hi,

I have an in ground sump pump in my basement to prevent water from getting in it. It is in a hole about 12" x 12" and 3 ft deep. The problem I am having is,
when it is used, the the vibrations of it causes the bottom to move a little bit which is preventing the flotation device from getting stuck against
the wall and I have to move it in order it to work properly.

What are ways I can prevent the base from moving at all? I am thinking about putting rocks on the bottom of it so they are against the base of the pump and 
wall to secure it but I am not sure that is the best resolution. Your thoughts about a remedy plz.

TIA

11 hours ago, Bruinator said:

Hi,

I have an in ground sump pump in my basement to prevent water from getting in it. It is in a hole about 12" x 12" and 3 ft deep. The problem I am having is,
when it is used, the the vibrations of it causes the bottom to move a little bit which is preventing the flotation device from getting stuck against
the wall and I have to move it in order it to work properly.

What are ways I can prevent the base from moving at all? I am thinking about putting rocks on the bottom of it so they are against the base of the pump and 
wall to secure it but I am not sure that is the best resolution. Your thoughts about a remedy plz.

TIA

all set.