Bluetooth question

Is anyone familiar with this item or something similar?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-in-1-USB-Bluetooth-5-0-Transmitter-Receiver-AUX-Audio-Adapter-for-TV-PC-Car-US/153361522761?epid=24029022228&hash=item23b50f2049:g:EOwAAOSwaSVcVQxx

My mom is very hard of hearing and she needs to have the volume very loud which makes it unbearable for others in the room. I am wondering if such a device would allow her to use bluetooth headphones with volume control so she can control the volume of the tv while others listen to it at a more tolerable volume.

Opinions/thoughts are very welcomed.

TIA

My hearing aid, that I wear whenever I go out, has BT in it. As long as your cell, phone, TV, computer has BT, it can connect to it.

I use Phonak hearing aids. Though the brand I have aren't made anymore...

This very similar to what I have:

s-l300.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Maybe she just needs hearing aids?

21 minutes ago, Bruinator said:

Is anyone familiar with this item or something similar?  https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-in-1-USB-Bluetooth-5-0-Transmitter-Receiver-AUX-Audio-Adapter-for-TV-PC-Car-US/153361522761?epid=24029022228&hash=item23b50f2049:g:EOwAAOSwaSVcVQxx

My mom is very hard of hearing and she needs to have the volume very loud which makes it unbearable for others in the room. I am wondering if such a device would allow her to use bluetooth headphones with volume control so she can control the volume of the tv while others listen to it at a more tolerable volume.

Opinions/thoughts are very welcomed.

TIA

It sounds like this will do what you need it to do.

The alternative would be a wireless set of home theater headphones, which costs much more than the adapter you've linked to. The only caveat of your adapter is, make sure the TV has that specific audio out jack on the side or back (it should, that is fairly common, however I have seen TVs without it).

1 hour ago, Bruinator said:

@ Mind... Great but I am talking about headphones. :)

Well, technically, hearing aids are kinda like headphones... 😛