Been encountering a "flickering" problem for some time now & I don't know exactly what it is.

Not too long (about six or eight months after I got my graphics card), I started encountering this issue where during any tasks that would put the GPU under load (even with pretty basic games such as Minecraft) The screen constantly glitches for like a tenth of a second every few seconds. At first it wasn't really a problem to me but it seems the underlying problem is worse than it was, as there has been a few times in the past few months that the thing totally glitched out to the point where I'd have to do a hard reset, including a couple of times with the GPU being idle.

So, I'm hoping that this video that I'll attach here will help figure out exactly what the problem is, and what I can do to fix it.

Edited by WTHRZ

Have you cleaned out your laptop recently? De-dusted?

How old is it? Might need paste reapplied.

What GPU do you have? Or laptop, for that matter...

You try latest drivers?

Lot of unknowns here.

1 hour ago, Som said:

looks like a desktop to me, loose monitor power lead?

Well, whatever it is, we need more info than "it flickers"

Your monitor has poor FreeSync implementation

turn off FreeSync or replace the monitor with a better FreeSync monitor

1 hour ago, Mockingbird said:

Your monitor has poor FreeSync implementation

turn off FreeSync or replace the monitor with a better FreeSync monitor

I thought freesync wasn't the reason for his fliockering,,,

Just for testing, try another video cable and make sure everything is connected properly.

26 minutes ago, Joe User said:

Just for testing, try another video cable and make sure everything is connected properly.

Yeah, might be prudent to ask him how he is connected, too... DVI/HDMI/DP...

Hello,

Can you tell us which version of Windows, which version of Minecraft and which version of AMD's drivers are installed on the computer?  That might allow forum members to better assist you.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

On 5/16/2020 at 9:36 AM, WTHRZ said:

Not too long (about six or eight months after I got my graphics card), I started encountering this issue where during any tasks that would put the GPU under load (even with pretty basic games such as Minecraft) The screen constantly glitches for like a tenth of a second every few seconds. At first it wasn't really a problem to me but it seems the underlying problem is worse than it was, as there has been a few times in the past few months that the thing totally glitched out to the point where I'd have to do a hard reset, including a couple of times with the GPU being idle.

So, I'm hoping that this video that I'll attach here will help figure out exactly what the problem is, and what I can do to fix it.

I have the same exact problem with my setup, it's a Nvidia 2070 RTX Super with a CRG90 (ultrawide) FreeSync screen. If I enable G-SYNC I have to ensure that it is set to full screen mode, because Windowed mode causes flickering on my screen. 

SNAG-0003.png

Without knowing your actual hardware setup, I can only tell you what fixed my flickering issues.

You might also need to look into supported refresh modes for your monitor, setting it lower or higher may eliminate the flickering too.

And my last suggestion is to look how you are powering the screen, is it on a powerstrip? Maybe ensure that the screen is in the first socket (nearest the power cable from the strip to the wall) if you have it in a strip, because other powered devices may be affecting the screen too.